Other Update on goldie!!!!

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
Here's the official update on my Goldie. I tried to call this morning but Heather (from Detroit Bulldog Rescue) had beat me to it. This is what Heather posted on DBR's fb page
Goldie update: Spoke to Dr this morning. They were able to remove MOST of the stupid tennis ball from her intestines, but a small piece is still in there (they saw on an xray after the fact) but they think she can pass that.
But the most dangerous thing going on right now is that, just as I suspected, she did aspirate yesterday - and has aspiration pneumonia. Her breathing is not good. She is currently in a special oxygen tent cage that is temperature controlled and is being watched VERY closely. Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I pray she pulls through! Scary because Tidus and Pookie love to play fetch the ball, I am going to have to see if I can find some bigger ones. Luckily it is pretty much always supervised since I am the one throwing it but you can never be too careful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk :)

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
​I will be praying, my friend, for Goldie and Y'all.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Prayers, positive thoughts and super big hugs to Goldie and all involved.

OP
kim n the guys

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
just got off the phone with Wilson's this morning. All they would tell me is that she's fine and she's eating this morning. They couldn't tell me more because I'm not high enough on the food chain of DBR to get more information, I'm only her foster mom but apparently that's not enough clout.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Glad to hear she's eating... Hope you get some news from DEBR soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk :)

OP
kim n the guys

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Okay, got the word from Heather. She's doing great and Heather wants her to stay at least another day so they must be talking sending her home soon. Heather said she would let me know when she gets another update tonight.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Aww poor Goldie, sending hugs and prayers she overcomes this, and gets better soon. I gave my guys a tennis ball when I first brought them home, but immediately noticed they were eating the fuzz off the ball , so took it away, now I only give them Solid hard Kong balls, that they can't chew. It's pretty scary what they can eat.

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
glad Goldie is doing better ... will keep her in our positive thoughts and prayers!!

Trod1

Jul 2, 2012
Michigan
Bulldog(s) Names
Olive, Oscar
Oh My Gosh.... small world. I've been following Goldie on the DEBR FB page. That is great you are her foster mom. how does she do with your guys?

OP
kim n the guys

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oh My Gosh.... small world. I've been following Goldie on the DEBR FB page. That is great you are her foster mom. how does she do with your guys?

she likes (or maybe just tolerates) Remy but I haven't really let her have too much contact with Sebastian and Oliver yet. She may get to come home tomorrow. We'll let her recuperate and then she needs to have eye surgery for entropian and get spayed before she's ready to go to her forever home

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
Oh I have just seen this thread I so glad Goldie is doing much better and she is home real soon.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.