General Question Black nose going brown?

Mazza81

Sep 14, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Chuncho
Hey everyone my girl is 5 months and I think her nose might be going brown? Is this normal? She's very healthy. What do you think it could be?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 219

Tracy T

Community Veteran
Dec 8, 2012
San Antonio, TX
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Winston, the Earl of Biscuit
Seeing her nose, I have to ask- does she root around a lot? If she is, she's probably rubbing her nose against things often, and they do turn brownish. I've seen this in other dog breeds, but it's likely for a bulldog too.

OP
M

Mazza81

Sep 14, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Chuncho
Seeing her nose, I have to ask- does she root around a lot? If she is, she's probably rubbing her nose against things often, and they do turn brownish. I've seen this in other dog breeds, but it's likely for a bulldog too.

Shes dies actually! She's forever sniffing and digging in the garden. Will it actually all turn brown or will it go back to black? I felt it and its not scabby or doesn't seem like it's rubbed or sore. So weird!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Try taking a warm damp washcloth and rubbing it gently, like you are polishing her nose. Sometimes dirt can cake up making it look like its actually a part of the nose.

Seems like [MENTION=3281]BiggieSmalls[/MENTION] had something similar and it wasn't dirt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk :)

Tracy T

Community Veteran
Dec 8, 2012
San Antonio, TX
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Winston, the Earl of Biscuit
It will go back to black if you can get her to stop rooting. It isnc't so much dirt ingrained as she is rubbinh the pigmented layers from her nose. Sorry for misspellings, phone does not work so well here.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online