General Question Curved back, is this normal?

AstronautMoose

Oct 24, 2012
Fort Stewart, GA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brock
Sorry. More questions about this little Frenchie. I haven't really seen too many Frenchies. But he has a really arched back. I know bulldogs are suppose to have a little arch, but like this? I hope something like this won't cause health problems in the future for him. He is a little underfed and we are currently trying to put weight on him, so maybe that could be why it looks like that.

I did get him to the vet and they want us to come back to put him under. Everyone is sure he has palate issues. So maybe I will ask them to look at his back too.

Here are some pictures, Sorry for all the questions.

025.jpg026.jpg058.jpg

He's a little more hunched in the third one with Brock c:

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
I'm not familiar with Frenches but I know two here that are. Let me tag them for you. Not sure if they're on right now though but they will show up.

[MENTION=2291]cowsmom[/MENTION] [MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION]

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
He is adorable.... and I would guess it is due to him being under weight. Our Frenchie, Cheli, came to us under weight and he had a very similar look to him, still does at certain angles.

Please keep us posted after the vet appointment, I'd like to know what they find/say.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
awe the poor little fella, hope it's noting serious and just needs to put on some weight. Keep us posted. Interested in finding out what it is.
[MENTION=6530]AstronautMoose[/MENTION]

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I am thinking - or shall I say guessing- that it won't look as curved once he puts on some weight... I have seen many rescues that look very similar to this until they gained a healthy weight, I will go look for some links for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk :)

OP
AstronautMoose

AstronautMoose

Oct 24, 2012
Fort Stewart, GA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brock
Thank you guys. I hope it is nothing serious too and just a weight issue. Doesn't seem to bother him or slow him down.

And thank you [MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION] for the links c:

mcraven2

Bonnaroo bound in my bulldog batmobile
Community Veteran
Jan 16, 2012
Boston MA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Giovanni, Princess, and Diva (Frenchie)
Hi just seeing this! When we got our frenchie at 4 yrs old, she was under weight at 18lbs. Her back is curved and was much more noticeable under weight. She is now 27lbs and looks great. The curve is not as noticeable, just looks like the normal bulldog back.

L

Lucy-licious

Aww, bless :hug: I'm sure it will look much better when he puts weight on x

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.