General Question Chin Sores?

Little miss Maggie

Aug 23, 2012
Washington
Bulldog(s) Names
Magnolia
mag'.jpgHas anyone had sores like these? The derm/vet seems to think they are ingrown hairs and prescribed benzoyl peroxide cream to "dry the area up"
They appear more like sores to me. I've been keeping the area clean and then applying neoporin... It's been a couple of weeks and they are not gone?

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
What kind of feeding bowls do you use? So many are allergic to plastic bowls (Vegas is) try using stainless steel bowls IF your not already doing so, and clean after each feeding or drinking. It makes a big difference in their chins!

nodnetni

Jan 14, 2013
Duluth, MN
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
Bella has gotten them in the past when I have let her water dish, which is plastic, go to long with out a cleaning. When i stay on top of the cleaning they seem to go away pretty quickly.

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Can't quite tell from the picture but Wilson has had a few ingrown hairs on his chin. Emma has gotten a few smaller ones. Wilson's two actually festered and popped like it was there was a wood sliver in it. [MENTION=1904]cali baker[/MENTION] Tate gets chin acne...I'm sure she'll chime in too here. Get yourself a metal drinking and feeding bowls. Bullies seem to be sensitive to so many things, including plastic. She's very pretty. :)

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Looks similar to Tate's chin acne. His vet prescribed him some antibiotics (cant recall which). He was on it for 2 wks and it cleared up nicely . It will come back every so often tho and I need to be diligent about keeping the area clean and dry.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.