Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Probiotic supplements for yeasty rolls?

Real Name
    Bre-Anna
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bindie
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Probiotic supplements for yeasty rolls?

Quote Originally Posted by cowsmom View Post
    well a yeasty face could be food related. i would cut out the treats for sure and i use a probiotic i buy from the drug store used for people. 1 billion units. they say use the ones that dont have to be in the refridgerator. sarah is very allergy prone so i use natures bounty 1 billion units probiotic. i would suggest another protein food to. i also see the lowfat has grains which can feed yeast you may want to try one of the grain free ones. they have a grain free lamb one.

Thank you for the advice. We are going to try and tackle this one step at a time, so we are getting rid of the treats first and progressing slowly as need... For us it will be easier to pin point actual problems... From what I've been reading the last couple days, I think we will end up having to change her food, but want her to adjust to the treat change first

I will keep you posted!!

Real Name
    Sandra
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sarah aka cow
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by BindieBoo View Post
    Thank you for the advice. We are going to try and tackle this one step at a time, so we are getting rid of the treats first and progressing slowly as need... For us it will be easier to pin point actual problems... From what I've been reading the last couple days, I think we will end up having to change her food, but want her to adjust to the treat change first

I will keep you posted!!
    i totally understand it is the only way to know what is causing it is to take away one thing at a time so no worries.

Dog Groomer Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Sharon
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Miss Tallulah and Buster
    Likes (Received)

When you do decide to treat- Wellness has many pure treats with no corn wheat or soy. most Bulldogs cannot tolerate them . Also chicken is a problem so I use the venison and break the pieces into the size of my baby fingernail for tiny treats. Also I use tiny bits of Crumps died beef and dried liver for high value treats to reinforce new behaviour. There are no additives and they are low calorie. It says approx 10 calories per piece and I break them into smaller pieces so maybe 2-4 calories each. Wait til your Bully is stable then you might want to introduce one thing at a time to see how it is tolerated. Wish you all the best. There is light at the end of this tunnel.

“Happiness is a warm puppy.”
    Charles M. Schulz

Alaskasmom1

Acidophilus was like a miracle for Tank. He smelled so bad when he came to live with us!we were his third home and he was 7 months old. He's beautiful and smells good now :-)

Feed Store Operator
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Duchess
    Likes (Received)

I give dehydrated beef liver treats from trader joes. They are really inexpensive and are simply 100% beef liver no additives.

Alaskasmom1

Here is Tank hiding from getting his wrinkles washed -imageuploadedbytapatalk1359594343-053511-jpg
    He makes me feel sorry for him

Real Name
    Nikki
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Mack
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Alaskasmom1 View Post
    Here is Tank hiding from getting his wrinkles washed -imageuploadedbytapatalk1359594343-053511-jpg
    This is so sad looking! Mack LOVES getting his wrinkles cleaned, when he sees the baby wipes he comes right over! I would feel so bad if he hid everytime!!

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk 2

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Alaskasmom1 View Post

Wow he is working Momma's heart strings.... lol
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Alaskasmom1

Quote Originally Posted by 2BullyMama View Post
    Wow he is working Momma's heart strings.... lol
    Alaska LOVES the wrinkle cleaning, but not so much the brushing. Tank butts her out of the way if he's in line behind her to get brushed... She would rather give him her spot in that regard. Silly Bully's...-imageuploadedbytapatalk1359754696-936736-jpgAlaska Blue
    Tank-imageuploadedbytapatalk1359755042-439484-jpg
    -imageuploadedbytapatalk1359755100-031228-jpg

Real Name
    Bre-Anna
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bindie
    Likes (Received)

**UPDATE**
    I have learned sooo much after joining this forum, and I am so GRATEFUL!!! In the last few months we have started Bindie on daily probiotics, started giving her healthy treats, and recently switched her food to a grain free potato free kibble... I am so happy to report that after only 3 days of 100% new food her face rope is yeast free!!! I have never seen her face look so good without be on antibiotics... (She has no swelling or redness in her rope.) I can't wait to see how she's doing after a month on the new food...

This is what we are feeding:
    California Natural - Kangaroo and Red lentil
    Merrick lamb lung training treats
    2 Vetri-Mega probiotics a day

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lynn, but maybe my login name gave it away...lol
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Otis and Winston
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by BindieBoo View Post
    **UPDATE**
    I have learned sooo much after joining this forum, and I am so GRATEFUL!!! In the last few months we have started Bindie on daily probiotics, started giving her healthy treats, and recently switched her food to a grain free potato free kibble... I am so happy to report that after only 3 days of 100% new food her face rope is yeast free!!! I have never seen her face look so good without be on antibiotics... (She has no swelling or redness in her rope.) I can't wait to see how she's doing after a month on the new food...

This is what we are feeding:
    California Natural - Kangaroo and Red lentil
    Merrick lamb lung training treats
    2 Vetri-Mega probiotics a day
    That's great to hear, I just switched Otis to that food as well, but we have been struggling with an ear infection (one reason why I changed his food) for about a month and a half now - 2 meds and 3 visits to the vets and still no better. Just had an allergy test done last trip and we are waiting for the results. I also googled Zymox and picked some up today, hoping this helps.

Otis's face looks great right now and I was thinking it was the food switch. (hoping anyway).

Glad to hear your baby is much better, I will look into the probiotics too.

For treats I feed Otis broccoli, apples and ice cubes with blueberries in them.
    Otis you'll never know how much I love you I love you more then all the leaves on all the trees

Real Name
    Bre-Anna
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bindie
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by LynnA View Post
    That's great to hear, I just switched Otis to that food as well, but we have been struggling with an ear infection (one reason why I changed his food) for about a month and a half now - 2 meds and 3 visits to the vets and still no better. Just had an allergy test done last trip and we are waiting for the results. I also googled Zymox and picked some up today, hoping this helps.

Otis's face looks great right now and I was thinking it was the food switch. (hoping anyway).

Glad to hear your baby is much better, I will look into the probiotics too.

For treats I feed Otis broccoli, apples and ice cubes with blueberries in them.
    I love the blueberry ice cube idea!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads