sweetpeasmom2008

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
I took her this morning even though she was fine through the night and didn't make a mess of her crate but he checked her poop and told me it was dietary that he didnt think it was anything major. I feel stupid for taking her now because I panicked about it all but oh well. With bulldogs you never know and I rather be safe than sorry.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
I took her this morning even though she was fine through the night and didn't make a mess of her crate but he checked her poop and told me it was dietary that he didnt think it was anything major. I feel stupid for taking her now because I panicked about it all but oh well. With bulldogs you never know and I rather be safe than sorry.

Never feel stupid! It's always best to be safe! :)

porkysmamma

Jun 21, 2012
Warrensburg, New York
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Porkchop aka Porky
Oh poor Lola n poor momma!! I'm glad she is slowly getting better hopefully she thrives on the beef frittata :) keep us updated :hugs:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mer55

Community Veteran
Nov 16, 2012
Venice, FL.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jackson, Bogey (granddog) Ruger (granddog)
Poor Lola! I just went thru a similar thing with Bogey (with MULTIPLE posts on his poop, runny poop, vomiting, food changes etc, etc) Here is what we did:
Vomiting and loose stools started. Took him off food (he was on Fromm's large breed puppy) put him on boiled hamburger (lean) and white rice (I read that brown rice is not good for the bland diet because it still has the hard outer shell of the grain which is harder to digest). Stool firmed up, no vomiting, so I started adding small amount of kibble after only 2 days (mistake!). Stools loosened right up again. Back to rice/burger another 2 days, good stools, added kibble, yep you guessed it, loose stools and another vomiting episode. Called vet- stool brought in for parasite check (neg). He felt that his GI tract was irritated and I did not give him enough time to let it heal. we also started thinking that he was reacting to something in the puppy kibble. So, vet put him on Flagyl to help heal the GI tract, and kept him on white rice and boiled hamburger for 7 days! Even his treats- I made some concoction of hamburger, rice TINY bit of pumpkin and Egg whites. Finally, this past Monday, I was able to start introducing kibble, but the vet did not want me to go back to the puppy food, so since his GI tract was "clean and virgin like", he felt I could start him on anything as long as I did it SLOWLY. So, I opted for Fromms Beef Fritata. I started with just a Tablespoon with each meal, then 1/8 cup, then 1/4 cup(it's been 4 days and that's where we are now) the rest is rice and burger. He is doing fantastic! Small, formed stools! Never so happy to see good poop in my life!! I have added no other new treats and will take this very slowly! I hope this helped. Situations sounded all too familiar!! Good luck!!

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Poor Lola! I just went thru a similar thing with Bogey (with MULTIPLE posts on his poop, runny poop, vomiting, food changes etc, etc) Here is what we did:
Vomiting and loose stools started. Took him off food (he was on Fromm's large breed puppy) put him on boiled hamburger (lean) and white rice (I read that brown rice is not good for the bland diet because it still has the hard outer shell of the grain which is harder to digest). Stool firmed up, no vomiting, so I started adding small amount of kibble after only 2 days (mistake!). Stools loosened right up again. Back to rice/burger another 2 days, good stools, added kibble, yep you guessed it, loose stools and another vomiting episode. Called vet- stool brought in for parasite check (neg). He felt that his GI tract was irritated and I did not give him enough time to let it heal. we also started thinking that he was reacting to something in the puppy kibble. So, vet put him on Flagyl to help heal the GI tract, and kept him on white rice and boiled hamburger for 7 days! Even his treats- I made some concoction of hamburger, rice TINY bit of pumpkin and Egg whites. Finally, this past Monday, I was able to start introducing kibble, but the vet did not want me to go back to the puppy food, so since his GI tract was "clean and virgin like", he felt I could start him on anything as long as I did it SLOWLY. So, I opted for Fromms Beef Fritata. I started with just a Tablespoon with each meal, then 1/8 cup, then 1/4 cup(it's been 4 days and that's where we are now) the rest is rice and burger. He is doing fantastic! Small, formed stools! Never so happy to see good poop in my life!! I have added no other new treats and will take this very slowly! I hope this helped. Situations sounded all too familiar!! Good luck!!

:up: great info and so happy for you and Bogey. This is exactly how you try and isolate the problem. If any problem at all..go back to bland diet. The beef Fritatta is a great protein to introduce. Puppy food is very rich for a lot of them.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
so sorry, I'm really late to the tagged thread. Good to hear things are better. :2thumbs:

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
im late to but im glad lola is better. i hope all goes well with the beef fritatta. if i can help let me know dear. :2thumbs:

Members online

No members online now.