Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: When is it time......to decide the ever hardest decision to put to sleep

Real Name
    Crystal
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    GATOR, (HOPE RIP) & Spot the Aussie/mix
    Likes (Received)

Default When is it time......to decide the ever hardest decision to put to sleep

Ok so I still Hope the stray who landed in my yard in September... Well she's been on car proven and joint supplements and eats her blue buffalo. Before she would scurry to me when I got home would play the pouncing game with me come anytime I called her..... For the past few months we've noticed she will only come when it's feeding time even then sometimes I have to beg her. She sleeps all day and night seems like. We've found her sleeping on the couch or my sons bed (his is low to the ground) she drags her hind legs to get up or if she's in a Sit she drags herself to turn around. She doesn't like me messing with one of her hind legs. I try to stretch it gently while I massage it. I've noticed a few times in the morning she has pooped during her sleep just a Twinkie size nugget. She's had a few accidents in the house lately. And she's also gotten a few soft lumps on her one on her hind area and one on her front foot near where her dew claw would be. She definitely doesn't play with me (not that she really did before) but all she does is lay there on blankets. We've resulted in taking two of the couch cushions and made them into a bed for her on the floor.
    My husband has talk to me about that maybe we would need to put her down, and at times I agree when she's really struggling but times when she wags her stubby tail when I hold her head in my lap makes me think she can live longer.... I know this isn't the easiest subject and I see rescues who save dogs with broken legs and they recover perfectly but I truly don't know her history before she found us so its hard to determine if she was even cared for At one time..... Any advice tips suggestions your own opinion I WOULD greatly appreciate. I do know that if its in her best interest to be laid to rest I know I Gave her the best life she deserved while she was with us.

Thanks in advance
    Your has never been touched.... Until a Bully enters your World.....

Bulldog(s) Names
    Ike
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: When is it time......to decide the ever hardest decision to put to sleep

I have had to put 2 of our pets down in the last few years. its never a good feeling. its so hard to let go of them, but there comes a time where its only option.
    Best bet would be take her down for an X-ray and they can tell you how bad it is and if there are any options.

Good Luck to you

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: When is it time......to decide the ever hardest decision to put to sleep

Hugs! Wish we could tell you the answer but only you will know. When that look in her eyes tells you it is time, you will know in your heart.

Doggie Boutique Owner Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Mary
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bogey
    Likes (Received)

I have had to put two dogs down in the past 9 years. When did I know it was time? When their eyes look at you and
    " tell" you " I am in pain", or "I have no quality of life". It is the hardest decision you will ever make, and the saddest one. I felt I owed it to my dogs to put my feelings aside and do what is best for them. When a dog is in pain, they can't tell us. They become quiet, listless and inactive. But you can see it in their eyes. I don't know how old Hope is, or what her history is, but it sounds like a trip to the vet and a good heart to heart are in order. Good luck and I will say a prayer for you and Hope!
    "We never really own a dog as much as they own us!"

Real Name
    Sherry Daye S.
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
    Likes (Received)

How ever she lets you know and when ever you make that decision all I ask is that you don't leave her pass alone. go with her and hold her head so she has no fear and can rest easy forever knowing you loved her. you won't regret it
    Life is like a box of chocolate covered

Head Pooper Scooper I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    David
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
    Likes (Received)

It is never easy to let one go, but you will know in your heart when the time is, and you will see it in her eyes when it's time for her to go. Plus as @Sherry said, please go with her and be with her, so she can have some comfort and peace before she goes. This is when we have to put their feelings and what's best for them above our feelings. Our thoughts are with you.
    Have a Great Bully Day.
    Member of The Bulldog Club of America, The Bulldog Club of Texas and French Bulldog Club of America.
    Bully hugs from - BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri & Katie

Real Name
    Cindy
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Goober, (R.I.P), Carlie(R.I.P.) , Breezi, LAYLA& PANDA, Hammer, April, and Brenna (RIP) Wendi, Joy,
    Likes (Received)

MAY I GO - by Susan A. Jackson

Do you think the time is right? May I say goodbye to pain filled days and endless lonely nights?

I’ve lived my life and done my best, an example tried to be. So can I take that step beyond, and set my spirit free?

I didn’t want to go at first, I fought with all my might. But something seems to draw me now to a warm and loving light.

I want to go, I really do; it’s difficult to stay. But I will try as best I can to live just one more day.

To give you time to care for me and share your love and fears. I know you’re sad and afraid, because I see your tears.

I’ll not be far, I promise that, and hope you’ll always know, that my spirit will be close to you wherever you may go.

Thank you so for loving me. You know I love you too, and that’s why it’s hard to say goodbye and end this life with you.

So hold me now just one more time and let me hear you say, because you care so much for me, you’ll let me go today.

She will let you know, when to help her gain her wings. Praying for your strength.
    ~~~

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Carol
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Fat Cami
    Likes (Received)

Thank you for taking her in and giving her a home, care, kindness & love.

GOD looks and sees these sacrifices and is aware of yours, may you be blessed!

I will keep all of you & Hope in my prayers...it's never easy.

My 1st bully, Brutus
    RIP beloved boy.

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

I will only say -- I agree with the other posts. My thoughts and prayers are with you to help give you the strength you need regardless of the decision or time that it comes.

----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Real Name
    Crystal
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    GATOR, (HOPE RIP) & Spot the Aussie/mix
    Likes (Received)

Thank you everyone, I've never been in this situation before. Today when I got home she greeted me with love and the look of I have a little more time left. I promise you all along with myself and for Hope to be there for her last breath even when I'm balling my eyes out. I'm definitely going to take her to the vet and get X-ray to see how bad her hips are and see how much pain it's actually causing her. I'll keep everyone posted after her X-ray next week. Until her time comes she'll be spoiled rotten. She's going to get pampered this weekend and hopefully it'll make her feel a little bit better...
    Thank you everyone and please keep us in your prayers....
    Your has never been touched.... Until a Bully enters your World.....

Bully lovin' movie buff Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Jenni
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lola and Lucy
    Likes (Received)

Im sorry you have to deal with this and it must be so hard! I will be thinking of you and Hope and when that time comes you will know in your gut you will know its time.

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

I have also dealt with this too many times. She was sent to you for a reason. You know that right? To give her love and a family to help her on her journey. Love her..she will let you know. As Sherry said, you must be with her as she crosses the bridge. Shes been alone too much and you will be forever grateful to her. She's teaching you..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads