Help Needed! When is it time......to decide the ever hardest decision to put to sleep

A

Alaskasmom1

I've had to give up my 3 beauties one at a time over the years. They were three boxers, close in age(--14 ish) Seanie, Shasta then Shana. Shana was my lady to leave for the bridge. I have to say, she was the hardest. She was the last after all and when I went home I had no one there. Not even my husband because he was gone out on his Towboat. So, judge this however you can but on the last one I sat in the waiting room after that long drive to the vet. I cried on her shoulder and hugged, talked and sobbed. She had been sick for a while and so near death. Her back ankles were huge with fluid. She had tumors all over her and they were bleeding so I had bandages all over her too. I couldn't bare to see her poked with one more needle. I COULD NOT. So, I told her goodbye, kissed her , nodded to the vets tech, and walked out. I sat in the car and sobbed alone too grieved to drive (45 min from home) and prayed for her and for me. I hope she didn't know I was coming to pick her ashes up when I came back again. I could NOT watch her get needles poked into her again and I could not do it alone for sure. So, do with this what you will as you make your decision. I still don't feel good that I did it this way, but I still know it was all I could do.
I love you Shana Smock ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358358408.074627.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358358464.327769.jpg

OP
lakermarie

lakermarie

Jun 4, 2012
Albuquerque NM
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
GATOR, (HOPE RIP) & Spot the Aussie/mix
Hope has gained a bit of energy back. But I've talked to my Vet we adjusted her medication and decided to add some a bit of extra protein to her food and try and walk every other day for at least 10mins. She definitely has that determination in her eyes that she's NOT ready to leave me yet.... She's my whole inspiration on helping other rescue pets!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Hope has gained a bit of energy back. But I've talked to my Vet we adjusted her medication and decided to add some a bit of extra protein to her food and try and walk every other day for at least 10mins. She definitely has that determination in her eyes that she's NOT ready to leave me yet.... She's my whole inspiration on helping other rescue pets!

:hug:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk :)

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
oh my well im late to this but im glad she is doing a bit better now. i have never had to do this yet as my pets have passed when i was not at home but i will just give you a :hug:

MeekosMummy

Oct 9, 2012
Wales
Country
Wales
Bulldog(s) Names
Meeko
MAY I GO - by Susan A. Jackson

Do you think the time is right? May I say goodbye to pain filled days and endless lonely nights?

Iā€™ve lived my life and done my best, an example tried to be. So can I take that step beyond, and set my spirit free?

I didnā€™t want to go at first, I fought with all my might. But something seems to draw me now to a warm and loving light.

I want to go, I really do; itā€™s difficult to stay. But I will try as best I can to live just one more day.

To give you time to care for me and share your love and fears. I know youā€™re sad and afraid, because I see your tears.

Iā€™ll not be far, I promise that, and hope youā€™ll always know, that my spirit will be close to you wherever you may go.

Thank you so for loving me. You know I love you too, and thatā€™s why itā€™s hard to say goodbye and end this life with you.

So hold me now just one more time and let me hear you say, because you care so much for me, youā€™ll let me go today.

She will let you know, when to help her gain her wings. Praying for your strength.
~~~

This just made me cry.. I had to put my persian cat to sleep yesterday and it broke my heart.. This made me cry but made me realise i done the best thing for him and i gave him the best life he could dream of after i rescued him from abuse and being mistreated 4yrs ago (he was used for breeding and LIVED in a small cat carrier he was starved and matted and covered in feaces from head to toe. His stomaxh damaged from attemptin to clean himself so much and his back legs wernt working poperly where he had no space to walk or move.) he showed me so much love thanks and affection and i knew he understood and appreciated my help.. I saved him and gave him the chance to be happy before he was lay to rest yesterday.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.