URGENT!!! Chin rash? Allergic RX?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Matter a fact, since Moglee is still 9 months, should I still keep him on "pup" food or graduate him to adult food? He was 50lbs as of the 10th of this month.

You cam go to adult amy time after 6 months

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
What about pinnacle duck & potato or Taste of the wild wild boar?
well ive never used the pinnacle but i dont think its bad food. as for totw i dont recommend it anymore since their manufacturer has had so many recallls at their plants. i know some still do so with no problems.

OP
M

Mogleebear

Jun 4, 2012
Washington
Bulldog(s) Names
Moglee
UPDATE:

Brought moglee to the vet.

DX: bacterial infection on his chin (oral Keflex x2/daily)
Yeast infection of his ears (Otobiotic x2/daily)
inflammation of the chin secondary to bacterial chin infection (Rimadyl x2/daily)

It's cleared up a good amount and the hair as continued to grow since this past Wednesday when I first took away all his toys.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
UPDATE:

Brought moglee to the vet.

DX: bacterial infection on his chin (oral Keflex x2/daily)
Yeast infection of his ears (Otobiotic x2/daily)
inflammation of the chin secondary to bacterial chin infection (Rimadyl x2/daily)

It's cleared up a good amount and the hair as continued to grow since this past Wednesday when I first took away all his toys.

Good to hear he is improving.... good luck on the food hunt!

OP
M

Mogleebear

Jun 4, 2012
Washington
Bulldog(s) Names
Moglee
UPDATE 2/1/13:

He's been on his Cephelexin 500mg PO BID for 13 days now and I was expecting a much more dramatic response. I've kept him off check toys, excessively cleaned his face and both food bowls. This is the result. Much better than the initial post, but not what I was expecting for this long of duration.

Moglee chin 2:1:13.jpg

ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
My male bullmastiff used to have the same acne and ear problem. We spent a fortune on antibiotics, ear drops and cleanings, a steroid powder for his ears (that I referred to as powdered gold because of the cost) and vet bills. It was his food. There are so many "bad" foods out there for these guys. Steer clear of any food containing corn, wheat, or soy. These filler ingredients are known allergens that pet food companies add to bulk up the bag. You think you're getting a bargain buying a large bag for next to nothing, but you have to feed more to give your dog any nutritional value at all. You'll notice when you feed a good quality food that you don't have to feed quite so much because you aren't feeding junk that your dog won't digest. We've been feeding Life's Abundance for several years because of allergies our dogs had and haven't had a problem. We'll see how Mabel does on it. So far, after a week, she's OK, but we're watching her closely. My daughter's dog is allergic to most foods, including ours and feeds Blue Basics, which is where I'll go if Mabel develops problems on Life's Abundance.

There is a good video on my website about selecting a good food and what to look for on the pet food labels. It's obviously geared toward our food, but as long as it helps you find a good food for your dog--no matter where you decide to get it, I recommend the video. http://www.petsnaturalchoice.net Please understand that I'm not trying to sell you food! I think that the video (which is available under the dog food tab) helps us learn to read labels, which is the best thing you can do to help you choose a quality food. You'd be amazed and appalled at what the big companies (and even some small ones) put in their products and where they get their ingredients. :eek: You'd be even more shocked at how little nutritional training our veterinarians get! We owe it to our dogs to do our homework. :reading:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.