URGENT!!! Chin rash? Allergic RX?

Scueva

Sep 27, 2012
Chicago, IL
Bulldog(s) Names
Duchess
A friend of mine had same issue. Vet told him to switch to stainless steel bowl. No plastic toys. It cleared up within a couple weeks.

Dubbiedog

Community Veteran
Apr 29, 2012
Beautiful Sarasota, Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Dublin
A friend of mine had same issue. Vet told him to switch to stainless steel bowl. No plastic toys. It cleared up within a couple weeks.

Have only ever used Stainless Steel bowls with Dublin and she is grain free and she still has the chin acne now and then. The ointment I mentioned is amazing and you only need a small amount of it. Moglee's chin look pretty nasty so I still say ask about the ointment.

Scueva

Sep 27, 2012
Chicago, IL
Bulldog(s) Names
Duchess
Have only ever used Stainless Steel bowls with Dublin and she is grain free and she still has the chin acne now and then. The ointment I mentioned is amazing and you only need a small amount of it. Moglee's chin look pretty nasty so I still say ask about the ointment.

That ointment is great runs about $50. My vet prescribed it to me for facial yeast. Worked great.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
i think duoxo pads can be used on the chin acne as well. you can order them online. hm food. are you looking for something like at petco or are you willing to order something. helps me know what to recommend. [MENTION=5048]Mogleebear[/MENTION]

OP
M

Mogleebear

Jun 4, 2012
Washington
Bulldog(s) Names
Moglee
I'll snag some stainless steel bowls today and as far as the food goes, everybody is telling me grain free. Just took a look at his food and low and behold, contained grains; a whole lot of it. I'd like to find some food at a petsmart/petco. Any recommendations [MENTION=2291]cowsmom[/MENTION]?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
The members have you covered.... bowls, cleaning and ointment --- good luck!

OP
M

Mogleebear

Jun 4, 2012
Washington
Bulldog(s) Names
Moglee
update:

Retrospectively, I have noticed Moglee occasionally biting and licking his paws. Big indicator(s) that this is an allergic RX opposed to the "bully-acne"?

VegasGeorge

Jan 13, 2013
Sin City in the Great Mojave Desert
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily and Daisy
I use stainless steel bowls washed with soap and hot water after every meal. I always give my dogs a face/chin wipe with a clean damp wash cloth after every meal. They've never had any kind of chin rash or sores. A few puppy fight scratches, but nothing else.

OP
M

Mogleebear

Jun 4, 2012
Washington
Bulldog(s) Names
Moglee
[MENTION=1364]Sunny[/MENTION]girl

I wash his food bowl prior to every meal and his water bowl x1/day. I wipe his face with a damp cloth after each drink of water while I'm at home.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
Ok if your talking petco then I would look at blue wilderness or natures variety instinct or wellness core. If you need it narrowed down more let me know n I will try to help

OP
M

Mogleebear

Jun 4, 2012
Washington
Bulldog(s) Names
Moglee
Matter a fact, since Moglee is still 9 months, should I still keep him on "pup" food or graduate him to adult food? He was 50lbs as of the 10th of this month.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.