General Question Uti??

porkysmamma

Jun 21, 2012
Warrensburg, New York
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Porkchop aka Porky
Porky has been house trained since she was about 4 months (I have OCD which helped her training, at least that's what I'm telling myself lol) anyways she had an accident in our bed when we first moved, she was sound asleep n running in her dreams n all of a sudden jumped up and ran, in her spot was a pee spot!!!!! Then she was on steroids for a staph infection n had an accident n she pawed at my head until I woke up to clean it :), last night she went up to bed with my fiancé around 10 n when I went up at 12 it smelt weird not like pee but very strange so I flipped on the light n there was a pee spot :(!!!! She goes out right b4 bed every night n other than the 2 I mentioned she doesn't usually have accidents n those 2 were over a 5 month span!!!! I'm wondering if she may have a uti if anyone else thinks that's what it could be any ideas on how to help it clear without antibiotics??? Ill take her to the vet if anyone thinks I should buttttt im a LPN n see how numerous antibiotics effect humans id rather not get her on them if its something yogurt or cranberry will cure!!!!! She doesn't have a fever, nose wet n very cold lol, pooping normal, playing normal, she won't eat her food but that's just cuz she's being picky now lol she still wants all her snacks!!!! Any ideas are appreciated :D thank u!!

I should also mention she never had an accident until after her surgery!! I did just call her vet and ran everything by her n she actually said to see what my EBN friends think lol but to remember her vulva n bladder and all the tubes and everything had to be adjusted for her surgery so it could just be when she's really relaxed (during a dream) that she just has accidents due to the stress they had to put all those organs through. N her pee didn't smell bad I can't explain exactly what it smelt like but it was almost flowery (could have been bcuz I just washed that comforter yesterday lol)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
If it is a UTI, only antibiotics will clear it up. Sometimes it takes more than one round to make sure that all of the bacteria is gone as well. Sounds like right now you are making assumptions on whether or not it is one, at this point I would just keep an eye on her. Some of the symptoms of UTI are squatting to per but only pee a little bit. The urge to go is there, so they will squat to Pee frequently. This is when you know for sure something is wrong in the bladder.

Early signs of UTI are having accidents in the house.

Late stages of UTI will show urine has blood in it. Really bad ones they will bleed like they are in heat, with no swelling.

Bladder infection is also a possibility.

However, I would not say there is anything wrong with her at this point. One accident in the house could be for many other reasons. Just keep an ion her. If you see any of the other symptoms start to happen then you'll know it's time to go to the vet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk :)

OP
porkysmamma

porkysmamma

Jun 21, 2012
Warrensburg, New York
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Porkchop aka Porky
If it is a UTI, only antibiotics will clear it up. Sometimes it takes more than one round to make sure that all of the bacteria is gone as well. Sounds like right now you are making assumptions on whether or not it is one, at this point I would just keep an eye on her. Some of the symptoms of UTI are squatting to per but only pee a little bit. The urge to go is there, so they will squat to Pee frequently. This is when you know for sure something is wrong in the bladder.

Early signs of UTI are having accidents in the house.

Late stages of UTI will show urine has blood in it. Really bad ones they will bleed like they are in heat, with no swelling.

Bladder infection is also a possibility.

However, I would not say there is anything wrong with her at this point. One accident in the house could be for many other reasons. Just keep an ion her. If you see any of the other symptoms start to happen then you'll know it's time to go to the vet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk :)

Yeah she has only had the one accident n it was while she was sleeping she just went outside n peed no issues there she came running back in for breakfast :). I asked this before I really thought about it lol but it's good to know. She had her vulva moved almost 6 inches, when she was 6 months, and they had to do a lot to her plumbing as well!!!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I agree and would just watch her, it's probably from her surgery.

OP
porkysmamma

porkysmamma

Jun 21, 2012
Warrensburg, New York
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Porkchop aka Porky
Yes thank you guys even after 9 months I'm still a little paranoid about things :) lol but she refused to pee before bed last night (it was snowing n she just wanted to play in it) n this morning I had to drag her out of bed to pee n then even then she played in the snow for 15 minutes before she finally pottied lol so I'm thinking bed wetting may just be a result of the surgery n something she may occasionally do :( her vet told me there is a pill they can give her to help tighten everything up down there but like I said earlier I'm hesitant giving her pills she doesn't need!!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.