Help Needed! Excessive saliva

frannygirl2010

Sep 18, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Sammy(male)
Hello,
lm looking for help with anyone who may have or heard of a bully having excessive saliva out of no way...... My male bully turned 6 months old and I have noticed in the last couple of days when he sleeps he wakes up in a puddle of saliva and he never done that before so I'm very nervous... I checked his teeth to make sure nothing got stuck and his saliva is not discolored nor does he have bad breathe so I'm not sure what is causing it??? Any help would be greatly appreciated !!!!!

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
Welcome to EBN. We would love to see a picture of your Sammy! Ruggles has a very wet mouth; he didn't as a baby but since he was 5 or 6 months old he has been a faucet left on, shaking his head and throwing slobber. I have had 6 Bulldogs over the years--the first one had a wet mouth, all the rest were normal (dry) and then along came Ruggles. All I can say is get used to it. When I'm going someplace special, like dressed up I put Ruggles in his room before I dress. I almost always am wearing slobber!!!

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
How is he otherwise, does he have soft or runny poops, any vomiting? Diarrhea , vomiting and excess drool can be signs of an obstruction. Could he have swallowed something you dot know about? It may be normal for him to drool more, but just keep an eye on him for the other symptoms. My Dozer swallowed a sock we didn't know about and he had those symptoms before he passed it. Hoping its just normal drooling and everything is okay.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Last summer, I noticed my younger bully Finn was drooling more than normal for him. He had other odd symptoms too like not chewing very well, and being more withdrawn. After the vet examined him she found he had a broken and abscessed tooth! Not at all saying this is what's going on with your bulldog, but why not just bring him to the vet to get a thorough examination of the oral area to ease your worry a little.
It may just be that you have a bully who produces more saliva than others, like Alice's Ruggles.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hello,
lm looking for help with anyone who may have or heard of a bully having excessive saliva out of no way...... My male bully turned 6 months old and I have noticed in the last couple of days when he sleeps he wakes up in a puddle of saliva and he never done that before so I'm very nervous... I checked his teeth to make sure nothing got stuck and his saliva is not discolored nor does he have bad breathe so I'm not sure what is causing it??? Any help would be greatly appreciated !!!!!

I have no advice, but I think @cali-baker made a great suggestion in having the entire mouth examined just to ensure there is nothing wrong except you have a slobberer like [MENTION=1612]Alice Kable[/MENTION] Ruggles.

OP
F

frannygirl2010

Sep 18, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Sammy(male)
Hello Guys, Thank you for all the support......sorry for replying so late.... Thank Goodness Sammys saliva has stopped after a weeks time frame so im feeling much better about it.... But the advice that i was giving from you guys is much appreciated and i will keep it in mind if this happens again. Ty soo much...i still learning how to use this website...can anyone tell me how i can add Sammys pic so i can show him off and he can be part of the bulldog community crew!!!

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
Hello Guys, Thank you for all the support......sorry for replying so late.... Thank Goodness Sammys saliva has stopped after a weeks time frame so im feeling much better about it.... But the advice that i was giving from you guys is much appreciated and i will keep it in mind if this happens again. Ty soo much...i still learning how to use this website...can anyone tell me how i can add Sammys pic so i can show him off and he can be part of the bulldog community crew!!!

sure, make like you are going to post a comment, at the top of the page in this frame, click on the third symbol from the right. Looks like a picture frame, click on it and you have a choice of computer or URL click on computer if it didn't come up automatically. then choose as many as 6 pictures from your computer and hit upload. wahla pictures wait until they load and then hit "post quick reply" on bottom right just like posting a comment let me know if you need more help. give it a try

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online