Other Motley had her surgery today

stephayne

Sep 26, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Motley
1358281054364.jpgJust picked up Motley from the vet, she had her cherry eye removed and was spayat the same time. The vet said she did really good and should be back to normal in a few days. She is having to wear an e-collar u til the sutures are remove which will take about 10-12 days, poor girl :(
Thanks for all your advice guys will post pics of her eye tomorrow when she is more awake.

Last edited:

porkysmamma

Jun 21, 2012
Warrensburg, New York
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Porkchop aka Porky
Aww :( poor baby girl but I'm so happy she's home and doing well :) can't wait for the pics!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
:2thumbs: So glad all went well with her surgery, and they dont like those collars poor baby and watch you r legs because they kill when they walk into you.

Give Motley a big :muah2: from Ftse and me.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
So happy she is doing well. We have had several bullies spayed and neutered and one with eye surgery and our vet has never given them the collar to wear. If you think about it, a bully can't reach there to lick the stitches anyway, so If it were me, I'd take that darn thing off. Hope she has a speedy recovery.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
My Blossom had the same surgeries 3 months ago, and she bounced back quickly after. She was back to normal the next day. My vet never even mentioned or recommended the collar, so Blossom went home without it , she never once even looked at her stitches, she only had two, or tried to lick them, she healed very nice, with no redness or infection. I would take the collar off and see how she does, if she does try to lick or scratch the surgery site, then you can always put it back on, but I honestly don't think she will need it. Quick recovery Mötley.

wheezer

Dec 16, 2011
MS
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Zeus, Dexter
[MENTION=2071]Davidh[/MENTION] My granddog, Dexter, recently was neutered and had two Cherry eyes repaired and his vet never even mentioned an e-collar and he did great. Also, he recently had his fractured toe lazered and had no restrictions and is doing great. I am so glad he didn't have to have a cast or wear a collar because he spends every weekend with me and Zeus and they play really hard. I don't want to be the one to have to crate him. LOL

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hope Motley is continuing to improve. I too, do not use the e-collars... they can not reach the area and unless she is able to reach - I would leave it off too.

OP
S

stephayne

Sep 26, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Motley
Motley is doing well, we are 5 days post op and she is doing good. We are taking off the collar most of the day but she does try to reach her eye sometimes and then we put it back on. She does wear it at night and when we are not home just for her safety. She is pretty much back go her old self running around chewing her toys, oddly enough she is liking her daily walk more now, maybe cause she was couped up in the house more before with her eye so all in all good experience so far, have a great weekend guys!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.