Help Needed! At my Wit's end!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
We are going to do this, hopefully sooner then later. Money is just a bit tight at the moment and our vet charges a pretty penny for it.

OK.. here is a little piece of info to ensure you only have to do it once. Make sure there are no steriods in Winsotn for at least 30 dyas BEFORE the blood is drawn. You will get false negative results becasue the steriods masks the issues. I know when we did them 6/7 years ago it was close to $200 so I can imagine what it is now.

OP
Lauren31287

Lauren31287

Nov 8, 2011
Rhode Island
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
OK.. here is a little piece of info to ensure you only have to do it once. Make sure there are no steriods in Winsotn for at least 30 dyas BEFORE the blood is drawn. You will get false negative results becasue the steriods masks the issues. I know when we did them 6/7 years ago it was close to $200 so I can imagine what it is now.

Thank you so much for letting me know that!! They quoted me for around $430 :nope:

OP
Lauren31287

Lauren31287

Nov 8, 2011
Rhode Island
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
I think in the meantime we are going to try home cooking for a while! I am doing some research and I want to make sure I do this right. He is already on the NuVet vitamin. I am thinking about starting him out on hamburger, kidney beans, and green beans. I am going to leave out the starch at the moment because he is having a slight yeast issue too. Any suggestions?!

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Thank you so much for letting me know that!! They quoted me for around $430 :nope:

OUCH, but try to save for it. In the long run you will save a bundle on drugs, remedies and wrong food... put a little away each week if possible.

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I think in the meantime we are going to try home cooking for a while! I am doing some research and I want to make sure I do this right. He is already on the NuVet vitamin. I am thinking about starting him out on hamburger, kidney beans, and green beans. I am going to leave out the starch at the moment because he is having a slight yeast issue too. Any suggestions?!

[MENTION=4225]Twice[/MENTION], [MENTION=3354]RiiSi[/MENTION], [MENTION=1209]savemejeebus[/MENTION]

OP
Lauren31287

Lauren31287

Nov 8, 2011
Rhode Island
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
OUCH, but try to save for it. In the long run you will save a bundle on drugs, remedies and wrong food... put a little away each week if possible.

Yes big ouch! lol! That is my plan! To save a little each week becuase I do want to have it done and I think it is well worth the investment!!

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
Our Richard had them and they were allergy related. At that tome( years ago) steroid shots were the only answer

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
That meal plan sounds OK to start with. Leave out everything else...also everything that he chews and treats. if you add anything in to his diet make sure it's one incredient at the time and wait to see if he gets any reactions...

OP
Lauren31287

Lauren31287

Nov 8, 2011
Rhode Island
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
That meal plan sounds OK to start with. Leave out everything else...also everything that he chews and treats. if you add anything in to his diet make sure it's one incredient at the time and wait to see if he gets any reactions...

Thank you so much!! I really appreciate the help!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.