Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Post surgery HELP please!!!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Winston
    Likes (Received)

Exclamation Post surgery HELP please!!!

Hi all...i have been on and off due to the condition of winston. A couple weeks ago he got cherry. Te first week i was able to massage it back in. Last week it popped out and got real bad REaL fast! I was unable to massage back in and i felt horrible for him. SO after a few different vet visits to ensure a safe procedure we decided and did it. Surgery was a big success and his eyes look great! Now the bad! The first night was bad but i figured that would be expected...the second night was bad as well so i brought him back in. Vet said its normal and to keep an eye. Day 3, day 4 and now day 5 he's showing improvement BUT at night its still BAD. His nose sounds soooo stuffed and just dry heaves non stop. Sometime he spits up white mucus other times nothing and other times food sadly. The vet explained bullys going under and the tube in his nose/throat etc etc...his eyes are no longer the concern, its the worry i have of him dry heaving to the point of infection since the passage way is so short. I have another follow up appt in 2 days and the vet gave me his personal cell and doesn't seem too worried BUT i am. The sleepless nights dont bother me, its his condition which only occurs at night. Any help advice or guidance is highly appreciated! Thank you all @ EBN

Bulldog(s) Names
    Winston
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Post surgery HELP please!!!

Sorry for any grammar errors...ipads dont keep up with fast typers it seems...

Lucy-licious

Aww. bless. Sounds like when they put the tube in his throat it has irritated him somewhat. Is there any way you can prop him up a little bit on pillows at night...so that he isnt laying flat.
    If it is just irritation it will pass as his throat heels a little. Is it getting any better at all? If you are worried you should take him in and ask the vet to look in his throat. maybe he can give you some meds that will ease the irritation xx

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Let's tag some help for you..
    @Lucy-licious..@Sherry..@kazzy220..@Davidh

If I was in your situation I would take Winston to another vet asap with his existing records. I pray that Winston get better which Iam sure he will!!!

Quote Originally Posted by anthony fiasco View Post
    Hi all...i have been on and off due to the condition of winston. A couple weeks ago he got cherry. Te first week i was able to massage it back in. Last week it popped out and got real bad REaL fast! I was unable to massage back in and i felt horrible for him. SO after a few different vet visits to ensure a safe procedure we decided and did it. Surgery was a big success and his eyes look great! Now the bad! The first night was bad but i figured that would be expected...the second night was bad as well so i brought him back in. Vet said its normal and to keep an eye. Day 3, day 4 and now day 5 he's showing improvement BUT at night its still BAD. His nose sounds soooo stuffed and just dry heaves non stop. Sometime he spits up white mucus other times nothing and other times food sadly. The vet explained bullys going under and the tube in his nose/throat etc etc...his eyes are no longer the concern, its the worry i have of him dry heaving to the point of infection since the passage way is so short. I have another follow up appt in 2 days and the vet gave me his personal cell and doesn't seem too worried BUT i am. The sleepless nights dont bother me, its his condition which only occurs at night. Any help advice or guidance is highly appreciated! Thank you all @ EBN

Head Pooper Scooper I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    David
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
    Likes (Received)

I agree, I would take hm to an other bully vet. This should not be happening. I have had several bullies that went through surgery, C-sections, knee surgery, cherry eye surgery, and elongated pallet surgery, and none of them have ever done what you bully is doing. That vet must have either used a tube too big or scratched the throat or air way. Either way it needs to be checked out ASAP. Please keep us posted.
    Have a Great Bully Day.
    Member of The Bulldog Club of America, The Bulldog Club of Texas and French Bulldog Club of America.
    Bully hugs from - BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri & Katie

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)

Is he coughing??????

Bulldog(s) Names
    Winston
    Likes (Received)

Thank you all for the responses. He is coughing at times but just sounds stuffed up always then just dry heaves and vomits. During the day hes fine..just night time. Today though seems worse than others.

Real Name
    Sherry Daye S.
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by anthony fiasco View Post
    Thank you all for the responses. He is coughing at times but just sounds stuffed up always then just dry heaves and vomits. During the day hes fine..just night time. Today though seems worse than others.

See if it would be beneficial for him, if you ran a hot shower and got steam into a closed bathroom. If your house is dry or if he is in a crate near dry heat in the evening it could be bothering him, especially with a scratched throat. this is just a thought. Let me know if you try this and it helps.
    Life is like a box of chocolate covered

Bully lovin' movie buff Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Jenni
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lola and Lucy
    Likes (Received)

I would take him to the vet ASAP!

Norwegian Rose Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)

I agree , it doesn't sound like a normal thing to be happening after surgery, and a trip to the vet would be a good idea.
    LEARN A LESSON FROM YOUR DOG, NO MATTER WHAT LIFE BRINGS YOU, KICK SOME GRASS OVER THAT AND MOVE ON.

Dog Park Attendant Become a 4 Paw Member wheezer's Avatar
    Real Name
    Linda
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Zeus, Dexter
    Likes (Received)

I have had dogs that have had lots of surgeries and never had this happen. I would get a second opinion or at least, take him to the Vet. This is very unusual!!!
    Zeus 2013

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads