loveabully

Community Veteran
Jul 20, 2012
california
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Franklin AKA Frank the Tank
:butterfly: I know this one time my dog went out to go potty it was dark so I just stood at the door when she came back in she had a bump on her face that was so big I swear it was a spider bite I gave her a Benadryl an it went away I couldn't believe it did you try any Benadryl? It 1 mg per pound an they come in 25 mg so Franklin is 50lbs. So I give him 2. But if its the first time you are giving it I would just go with half the dose an then a couple hour later give the rest the first time I gave Franklin Benadryl I only gave him a half an he was so sleepy an now that he's taken some he can have a regular dose now so just be careful if you try it good luck hope she gets better soon

OP
B

BIGBIGSURGE

Jan 2, 2013
San Diego, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sasha Fierce
A friend of mine said to try that. I thought he was crazy, but since I have heard it more than once then I guess I can try it. I asked the vet about it earlier, they just didn't give me the dose info. She is 12.6 pounds. So I will do the math. If it won't hurt I will try anything!

:butterfly: I know this one time my dog went out to go potty it was dark so I just stood at the door when she came back in she had a bump on her face that was so big I swear it was a spider bite I gave her a Benadryl an it went away I couldn't believe it did you try any Benadryl? It 1 mg per pound an they come in 25 mg so Franklin is 50lbs. So I give him 2. But if its the first time you are giving it I would just go with half the dose an then a couple hour later give the rest the first time I gave Franklin Benadryl I only gave him a half an he was so sleepy an now that he's taken some he can have a regular dose now so just be careful if you try it good luck hope she gets better soon

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
I thought allergic reaction when I saw the pic. A wee pup like that would only need half of a standard 25mg benedryl tablet.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
I have to agree, allergy related. He hasn't had all his vaccines yet and the bumps may come and go. Anything could be causing them and a real close eye on him when he's outside my reveal the culprit
keep up posted as to what your vet say.

[MENTION=7606]BIGBIGSURGE[/MENTION]

loveabully

Community Veteran
Jul 20, 2012
california
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Franklin AKA Frank the Tank
:butterfly: yeah I would give her a half of one since she's only 12lbs. A half would be fine just make sure she eats something with it so it doesn't upset her belly good luck keep us posted

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
[MENTION=7606]BIGBIGSURGE[/MENTION]-love Sasha fierce's name! There is a girl on toddlers and tiaras with the same name! Anyway I have no idea what they are but I hope they get better quick! Please keep us updated!

MeekosMummy

Oct 9, 2012
Wales
Country
Wales
Bulldog(s) Names
Meeko
[MENTION=7606]BIGBIGSURGE[/MENTION]-love Sasha fierce's name! There is a girl on toddlers and tiaras with the same name! Anyway I have no idea what they are but I hope they get better quick! Please keep us updated!

Me too.. Adore her name! Not sure if its where you got it from but Beyonce is my idol and she's Sasha fierce! I cant use the name Sasha tho cos im Tasha lol may get confusin. Hope ur baby girl is ok x

OP
B

BIGBIGSURGE

Jan 2, 2013
San Diego, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sasha Fierce
So, I gave her half a Benadryl last night just to test the allergy theory. This morning her bumps were the same. By the time I took her to the Vet the bumps had gone down. The vet thinks it from spider bites. He found a few bites on her tummy and leg. I watched her today and noticed she had an infatuation with a pile of leaves in the corner of the yard. When I moved the leaves around it was riddled with spiders. Poor little Sasha Fierce was getting bit probably every time she laid in the pile. I picked up the pile once we got home, called the exterminator and they are coming for a spider and bug spray on Tuesday! She is on Allergy pills for now. My poor baby! I love my Bully!

Vicaroo1000

Jun 23, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Spiders in a leaf pile! That makes so much sense. She was out there, investigating, and no doubt stuck her flat little nose right in the nest. The spiders responded in kind.

Glad she's feeling better and those bumps are going away. I don't know if you have black widows where you are -- we don't -- but a nest of those things could probably seriously hurt a small pup, couldn't they? Wolf spiders are often found around the lakes here and while I used to live in a cabin that was full of them (I know. Ewww. They liked my warm water bed.) Fortunately, no one ever got bit.

OP
B

BIGBIGSURGE

Jan 2, 2013
San Diego, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sasha Fierce
I haven't seen any black widows. But the vet said, if it was venomous, she would have been really sick. She is just so BUSY, its difficult to keep up with her at times. I am on crutches and Sasha Fierce thinks she should race me or eat my crutches at times. Then, I have the issue with her stubbornness, She listens to commands pretty well, but when she doesn't want to she won't. It's crazy how I catch myself arguing with a puppy!

Spiders in a leaf pile! That makes so much sense. She was out there, investigating, and no doubt stuck her flat little nose right in the nest. The spiders responded in kind.

Glad she's feeling better and those bumps are going away. I don't know if you have black widows where you are -- we don't -- but a nest of those things could probably seriously hurt a small pup, couldn't they? Wolf spiders are often found around the lakes here and while I used to live in a cabin that was full of them (I know. Ewww. They liked my warm water bed.) Fortunately, no one ever got bit.

Vicaroo1000

Jun 23, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=7606]BIGBIGSURGE[/MENTION] - LOL @ arguing with a puppy. Yesterday at daybreak, me and the dogs hit an area called "Big Ditch" to do some bird watching. I talk to them all the time -- even though I know they do not speak English. It's what I do. I talk to all my animals -- even the fish. So here I am, peering through the lens of my fancy binoculars and I spot five bald eagles; two juveniles, three adults. I say outloud "OMG! OMG! Look at that!" Then, I get annoyed because they're both pulling on the leashes and I can't see thru the binoculars. Of course they are pulling and looking around. I created that excitement. Someone watching this scene would have thought, "What an idiot."

Agreed!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.