URGENT!!! Cherry Eye?? Does this look like Cherry Eye to you?? What do I do??

Lily122511

Mar 3, 2012
Westchester, New York, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily
I think Lily might have cherry eye.
I'm worried and I don't know what to do.
This just happened.
Please tell me what I can do.
I will call the vet in the am.

cherry eye 2.jpgcherry eye 1.jpg

Last edited:

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Yap, it sure looks like it, and [MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] has pointed you in the right direction. Plus a trip the the vet will be in order.

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Watch the video on how to fix it yourself... its easy and you may prevent having to take her to the vet.

porkysmamma

Jun 21, 2012
Warrensburg, New York
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Porkchop aka Porky
I think Lily might have cherry eye.
I'm worried and I don't know what to do.
This just happened.
Please tell me what I can do.
I will call the vet in the am.

View attachment 34826View attachment 34825

It's very common n this may be her only cherry eye if it recurs u have options to fix it but for now watch the video n relax I think most of us have gone through cherry eye with our babies :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Lily122511

Lily122511

Mar 3, 2012
Westchester, New York, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily
It's very common n this may be her only cherry eye if it recurs u have options to fix it but for now watch the video n relax I think most of us have gone through cherry eye with our babies :)

Thanks so much! I watched the video and hubby actually got it back in. I was to scared that I'd hurt her.
But she seems fine now!

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Maggie got it once when she was just under a year old. It went back in and never came out again.

VegasGeorge

Jan 13, 2013
Sin City in the Great Mojave Desert
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily and Daisy
My Daisy has a Cherry Eye that shows up every so often. I just gently put it back in where it belongs. She doesn't seem to mind, and it's showing up less frequently as she's gotten older. She's 9 months now, and I'm hopeful that it will disappear for good one day soon. If it doesn't, I'll just keep fixing it. IMHO it isn't worth the risk, expense, or aggravation of a surgery.

porkysmamma

Jun 21, 2012
Warrensburg, New York
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Porkchop aka Porky
My Daisy has a Cherry Eye that shows up every so often. I just gently put it back in where it belongs. She doesn't seem to mind, and it's showing up less frequently as she's gotten older. She's 9 months now, and I'm hopeful that it will disappear for good one day soon. If it doesn't, I'll just keep fixing it. IMHO it isn't worth the risk, expense, or aggravation of a surgery.

Absolutely if its not needed :( my baby had both cherry eyes pop out within a week n every day I would have to massage it back in :( it got to the point that she wouldn't let us touch her face :'( but we opted for removal n she's been fine ever since :)

Damian

Dec 25, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Rosie
Rosie came to us from the rescue with a bad case of cherry eye. We did a bunch of research, opted for the tuck and tack surgery, and it came back within weeks. Since then, we've opted for benign neglect, but reading about everyone's experiences here we may consider getting it removed - we really did not want to leave her with chronic dry-eye, but if that's not a big probability, then maybe it'll be best. Rosie's is so big and bad that no amount of massaging helps anymore; she's almost 3 years old, and it doesn't seem to bother her (probably bothers us a lot more!).

porkysmamma

Jun 21, 2012
Warrensburg, New York
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Porkchop aka Porky
Rosie came to us from the rescue with a bad case of cherry eye. We did a bunch of research, opted for the tuck and tack surgery, and it came back within weeks. Since then, we've opted for benign neglect, but reading about everyone's experiences here we may consider getting it removed - we really did not want to leave her with chronic dry-eye, but if that's not a big probability, then maybe it'll be best. Rosie's is so big and bad that no amount of massaging helps anymore; she's almost 3 years old, and it doesn't seem to bother her (probably bothers us a lot more!).

I always suggest ppl talk with vets and make their own decisions buttttttt yes removal for us turned out beautifully her eyes look gorgeous they actually are a little runny lately (food allergies) but there was no recovery for her what so ever, no ointments, no pills :)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.