Other Bella's cherry eye surgery!

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
My foster bully, Bella, went in to the vets at the end of last year to be spayed and have her cherry eye fixed. Unfortunately, within 3 days the cherry eye had popped back out.

After speaking to the vet, she highly recommended removal. Bella has obviously had the cherry eye for a VERY long time and Dr Feagan was sure that it just would not stay in with tacking.

So Bella went in for surgery today ... :*(

We just got the call from the vet that the surgery went well and she is in recovery. I can go and pick her up in 1 1/2 hours time!!! :up:

I will post pics of her pretty brown eyes later ...... :D

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Oh I'm sorry the first surgery wasn't successful, but I'm glad she is done her surgery today, and all went well. She will be back to normal in no time, and hopefully she heals quickly. Feel better sweet Bella. Hugs and kisses

L

Lucy-licious

Give her a hug for me.....can't wait to see her pretty eyes :)

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Glad everything went well, so give her a hug from us.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Good to hear all went well...:hug:

OP
kazzy220

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Bella was so sad looking when I picked her up ... they had given her pain meds that were making her sleepy but she was fighting it every step of the way. She spent the evening on the couch refusing to lie down, but falling asleep sitting up. Every time her chin got about 2" away from the seat, she would wake up!! So today has been a nice quiet day for her.

The cherry eye surgery went well. They used a laser which I found quite interesting, because I had just assumed that it would be cut out with a scalpel.

So here is a pic of her on the couch .... during one occasion when I pulled her front paws forward gently and actually managed to get her to sleep for a bit!!

D0BB82BB-570A-455C-BA95-C255425305B8-2665-0000029602210A61.jpg

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.