Help Needed! Rosebuth ears? SOS

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
I'm posting this on behalf of [MENTION=7482]Benedict2013[/MENTION]

They Wrote:

The breeder where I got Benedict from glued his ears into a rose he said that's what show dogs ears are suppose to look like, Beneditcs Dad is a show dog, but I have no interest in that, I found this cruel he's been itching his ears none stop, the glue came of after I bathed him and I put cotton balls in his ears during the bath so he wouldn't get water in his ears.

Question: He has a rash in his ears, is there something I could do at home or should I run over to the vet? Please any advice would be helpful. :blush2:

Thanks

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
Make sure you are using Malacetic otic in his ears after every bath and really clean them out and wipe the rash down with it as well. To me it sounds like he was allergic to the glue or it really bothered his skin!

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
Make sure you are using Malacetic otic in his ears after every bath and really clean them out and wipe the rash down with it as well. To me it sounds like he was allergic to the glue or it really bothered his skin!

I would try that too, and if that doesn't work try some Desitin

Benedict2013

Dec 25, 2012
Delaware
Bulldog(s) Names
Benedict
I tried the Desitin since its the first thing I have at hand, for now its working!! I'll run and buy the Malacetic otic ASAP.
thank you so much for the help. :pray2:

L

Lucy-licious

Benedict is adorable.... How old is he?

Billy's ears week quite perky at first until he was around 5months old when they settled into rosebuds, I would bet that Benedicts ears will settle down as he gets older too. You obviously don't mind, it's a shame his breeder did :hug:

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Sounds like you have some good advise there and are on it. Hope he gets better soon. Just getting the glue off should help.

OP
Baconator

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
Glad someone was able to help you out

Don't blame me it's my autocorrect "fixing" my bad Emglish

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
How long ago did this happen ... just wondering if it was recently that the rash could be a reaction to the glue.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online