General Question Vitamins

Bellababy1

Jun 13, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
Hello all! My little precious is 9 months and I have been cooking her food for about two months now and she's doing great!!!! I give her s daily vitamin and salmon oil caps everyday as well! But I need to know if there is something more I can give her or that she needs!! Her good is ground venison with 6 cups water 4 cups rice and veggies, for dinner I mix in cottage cheese and blueberries for her as well, but I just want to make sure she getting her daily an every vitamin she needs espically as a puppy!! Thank u.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Wow, Bella sounds like she's getting some very delicious and healthy food there! sounds great. It seems like you are giving her a very well rounded diet w/the mvi and salmon oil too. I'm going to tag some peeps who are more knowledgable in this area:
[MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION], [MENTION=2291]cowsmom[/MENTION], [MENTION=2071]Davidh[/MENTION]

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I'm don't know that much about home cooked meals but [MENTION=1904]cali baker[/MENTION] has tagged two that do. I do know that NuVet and HardyPet Complete are two great vitamins for pets.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
Well it sounds like you have it covered really I would watch the amount your feeding n adjust accordingly for weight gain or lost weight. I'll tag a few more who home feed for u. [MENTION=1714]Sherry[/MENTION].

Last edited:

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
That's a great meal you're serving up. yummy

I'm not real clear on the vitamins, the food you are serving is very healthy, I also make a homemade mix similar using beef as the base, and I use less rice but more veggies . But I also serve my mix over a grain free - potato free kibble. With a joint supplement on top.

OP
Bellababy1

Bellababy1

Jun 13, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
Thanks so so much to u all I do wonder allot tho how much is enough for her she's 9 months and weights 30lbs.

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
Thanks so so much to u all I do wonder allot tho how much is enough for her she's 9 months and weights 30lbs.

At 9 months old she has a lot of growth ahead of her. Since you are home cooking for her you should consider adding a calcium supplement to her diet. There needs to be an exact 1:1 phosphorous to calcium ratio for proper bone growth. Unless you are diligent in meeting those needs her bones may not grow strong enough. If the body doesn't get what it needs, it starts to pull it from other places such as muscle tissue.

You can plug her diet into a website like nutritiondata.com and make sure that the phosphorous amount equals the amount of calcium but that requires exact measurements of each ingredient and a lot of math (trust me I know.. that math gave me headaches for months). Or you can add a tsp of ground eggshell to her meals.

Last edited:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I add a NuVet and calcium to their diet.... not daily but a few times a week just to ensure they are getting enough vitamins. Whatever they don't use or absorb goes out naturally so you cannot overdue it, sounds like you are doing good with what you are using. :up: Great advice from [MENTION=4225]Twice[/MENTION] :goodpost:

Scueva

Sep 27, 2012
Chicago, IL
Bulldog(s) Names
Duchess
I add a NuVet and calcium to their diet.... not daily but a few times a week just to ensure they are getting enough vitamins. Whatever they don't use or absorb goes out naturally so you cannot overdue it, sounds like you are doing good with what you are using. :up: Great advice from @Twice :goodpost:

What do you use as a calcium supplement?

Zapien

Oct 30, 2012
Zillah, Washington
Bulldog(s) Names
Nihya
I add a NuVet and calcium to their diet.... not daily but a few times a week just to ensure they are getting enough vitamins. Whatever they don't use or absorb goes out naturally so you cannot overdue it, sounds like you are doing good with what you are using. :up: Great advice from [MENTION=4225]Twice[/MENTION] :goodpost:

[MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION] I supplement my 10 week old pups with Nuvet daily. I give them half a wafer at breakfast and the other half at dinner. Is this ok or bad? Also, they are on TOTW Roasted Lamb (all stages food)?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Most Reactions