General Question Not sure what's itching Raven....

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Raven (2011-2016), Tyson (2014-2023) & Bella
The last couple days we find that she has been backing up her behind on the legs of the office chair and rubbing away...really going to town. I made sure to wipe her bum and up under her tail just to make sure she didn't have anything lingering that was bothering her. After cleaning with a tissue saturated with warm water I also followed up with some witch hazel. Well the itching is still going on. Thing is I can't really tell if it's her bum, the side of her bum or vajajay that she is rubbing. My daughter has stopped a few times and scratched the side of her butt for her and that seems to temporarily help but she will start up again. She has fairly firm stools so I guess her sacs should be emptying as they are meant to. Does anyone else's dog do this? I made an appt for the vet on Saturday. I am having them check her anal glands to be sure they are not full. Any suggstions?

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
:hmm: I am fairly certain you would smell something if it were her anal glands. If no swelling or redness on her "bits" I would get her checked out at vet.

LynnA

Community Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Maine
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis and Winston
Could be hair, I know when I clean Otis's bumbee I wipe away alot of hair that sheads from his tail and bum area

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Molly was doing this recently too. I couldn't figure it out. After a couple of weeks of it, I decided to really take a good, good, good look! Her tail pocket was clean, but it was actually the nub of her tail on the inside (facing her booty) that was irritated and red. I could not see it unless I actually moved it around in such a way before I finally found it! Put some medicine on it and now she is all better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk :)

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Hmmm... my immediate thought was anal glands too ..... :blink:

porkysmamma

Jun 21, 2012
Warrensburg, New York
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Porkchop aka Porky
Hmmm I'm no good with bully bootie issues (I got a spike tailed bully lol) vajayjay issues I'm more familiar with unfortunately lmao!!!!!!!! It sounds strange but every few nights I flip porky over on her back n check all her scars n actually (embarrassed blush lol) have to open her vajayjay n clean it!!!!!! She went nuts one day n I finally found she had yeast caked in the inner fold of it but she hasn't had an issue with it since :) something worth checking!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Bizzymammabee

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Thanks guys. I took her to the vet on Monday and he checked all of her business. Poor girl was embarrassed. One gland was full while the other was empty. He emptied that one. Then the took a good look at her tail pocket which was pretty clean. I try to clean that every time I give her a bath. Then he took a look at her girlie bits, they were a bit damp and he said it looked good otherwise. He recommended continued cleaning per usual; I usually wipe her bum and hoohah with a napkin with warm water after she poops. He told me to make sure to dry it after. Her hoohah looked good, no yeast issue. So he said to give her a couple days and if it persists then come back. She did do some itching that night but I haven't seen anything since. He also suggested this ear cleaner that they have that has three types of acids in it, charged me $27 for the crap. I have an all natural one at home but he said this one was better due to the acidity. He said to use it to wipe her hoohah folds once a week since the acidity will help to stave off any bacteria that wants to grow and possibly cause issues. Miss stinky is due for a bath once the crappy weather clears up. Keeping my fingers crossed that she is good to go.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Thanks guys. I took her to the vet on Monday and he checked all of her business. Poor girl was embarrassed. One gland was full while the other was empty. He emptied that one. Then the took a good look at her tail pocket which was pretty clean. I try to clean that every time I give her a bath. Then he took a look at her girlie bits, they were a bit damp and he said it looked good otherwise. He recommended continued cleaning per usual; I usually wipe her bum and hoohah with a napkin with warm water after she poops. He told me to make sure to dry it after. Her hoohah looked good, no yeast issue. So he said to give her a couple days and if it persists then come back. She did do some itching that night but I haven't seen anything since. He also suggested this ear cleaner that they have that has three types of acids in it, charged me $27 for the crap. I have an all natural one at home but he said this one was better due to the acidity. He said to use it to wipe her hoohah folds once a week since the acidity will help to stave off any bacteria that wants to grow and possibly cause issues. Miss stinky is due for a bath once the crappy weather clears up. Keeping my fingers crossed that she is good to go.

Hope it all clears up for Raven... and it was just a full anal gland causing the issue

OP
Bizzymammabee

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Hope it all clears up for Raven... and it was just a full anal gland causing the issue

Kind of leaning towards it being the anal gland. I recently had to change her food and her poop was a bit softer than normal. I guess I should count myself lucky that it took pretty much 15 months for her gland to be filled up. The vet charged me $48 for the visit w/emptying.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Kind of leaning towards it being the anal gland. I recently had to change her food and her poop was a bit softer than normal. I guess I should count myself lucky that it took pretty much 15 months for her gland to be filled up. The vet charged me $48 for the visit w/emptying.

that isn't too bad of a price for the vet/anal clearing... [MENTION=900]KMARINO[/MENTION] gets Vegas' done regularly maybe she can give some signs of when they need it done

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.