Other Just when I got over being ANAL.....

mer55

Community Veteran
Nov 16, 2012
Venice, FL.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jackson, Bogey (granddog) Ruger (granddog)
Best laid plans.... I resolved to give the beef and rice a good 4-5 days and stop worrying about the loose poop! So when I took him out this morning and it was very runny, I just cleaned it up and went on my way.......until........
HE VOMITED HIS WHOLE BREAKFAST!!
So, I called the vet again!
He put Bogey on Metronidazole and did a parasite test which was negative. So maybe all this loose stool and vomiting is just that his little GI system is irritated from ssomething but he has not had anything but beef and rice for 2 days now.
We are giving him til Friday morning to improve and then the vet will have to run some tests on him.
i am staying calm and taking it one day at a time.
Bogey is acting just fine- sleeping a lot, but he is a bulldog! When he is up, he is a furry Jaws, circling our legs while we hide our toes in fear of amputation!
Hopefully this is just one of those " puppy things" and he will be ok!!
will keep you posted!!

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
Staying calm is always good. they can sense that stress and they relate to it. good job mum

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
It's frustrating but puppies do get diarrhea...one of the not so fun parts of having one, I guess! I hope everything is better soon! :)

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Sometimes they just do and it takes awhile for their little tummies to settle down. I hope he gets better soon, and like you say, just stay calm and take it one day at a time.

OP
mer55

mer55

Community Veteran
Nov 16, 2012
Venice, FL.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=6280]ModernFemme[/MENTION]: I do think he eats too fast so we got him a slow feed bowl which has slowed him down considerably. He vomited this morning quite awhile after his breakfast in his crate where he had been napping. But he is acting just fine which is a good thing! We'll see!!

ModernFemme

Arts'y bulldog farts'y
Community Veteran
Oct 5, 2012
Delaware
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Remington (Remi)
@ModernFemme: I do think he eats too fast so we got him a slow feed bowl which has slowed him down considerably. He vomited this morning quite awhile after his breakfast in his crate where he had been napping. But he is acting just fine which is a good thing! We'll see!!

Remi barfs all the time it feels like. Sometimes he drinks too much. Sometimes he runs around too hard and then the next day, his tummy is a little sick. The first couple of times you freak out because he's your baby.

porkysmamma

Jun 21, 2012
Warrensburg, New York
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Porkchop aka Porky
He will be just fine :) you have to remember before you got over being anal you were switching his food a lottttttttttttttttttttttt so it may have just shocked his system but the important thing is your vet is aware n like others and you yourself said stay calm relax n try to reassure him idk about others but when my girl pukes she gets very ashamed n actually scared hence y she usually pukes on me when we r sleeping (I know ewwww) lol hang in there mamma u will both be ok :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
I'm sure he's fine. Wilson and Jack have vomited their food more times than I can count. Sometimes it's just an upset tummy. Heck Jack drank water tonight and as I was getting ready to head upstairs to exercise, he puked his water all over my wood floors. Vomiting, within reason, is something some dog's just.

Now I'm gonna call you a worry-wort. :tease:

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
All I can suggest is to do the bland diet slightly different ...... A BLANDER diet if you like ...... white rice and canned pumpkin only. No meat. I consider it my go-to when their tummys are very upset.

White rice and canned pumpkin will still be the bland diet so you will not be deviating from the plan you have promised yourself to follow!!!!! :yes:

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
When we first adopted Vegas..the breeder gave a little bag of food and told us it was available almost anywhere! Wrong!! I procrastinated and waited until the last minute to buy another bag....and found I would have to travel to another state to get it. I bought what I thought would be the best "like" dog food (blue buffalo) and Vegas got sick. So sick that he ended up in the emergency room. He had projectile diarrhea for more than 3 days. We had to do the bland diet for over a week before we got him back on track (and before we were able to go back down to Oregon and buy 3 bags of food!!)

OP
mer55

mer55

Community Veteran
Nov 16, 2012
Venice, FL.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
@porkysmama: NOOOOOO I did NOT change his food alot- he was on fromms large breed puppy which I was not thrilled with. I had several posts about different types of food (Large breed vs. reg puppy, all stages etc.) but I never actually changed. He had a vomiting episode which made us put him on a bland diet for 3 days, then we reintroduced his USUAL kibble, only to have his poop get very runny. MY VET was the one who wanted me to take him off teh Fromms large breed puppy. So, when his poop got at least semi soft on the bland diet, we added EIGHT kibble of the beef fritatta. Stools went very runny again. But he has been on the bland diet since tuesday and his poop was still runny and yesterday he vomited all his breakfast which was just rice and beef. So, we have him on NOTHING but3/4 rice, 1/4 boiled and rinsed hamburger. Now he is on meds to decrease the irritation to his GI tract. This morning, a beeeeaaauuuuutiful formed stool! YEAH! We will wait til he has had good stool for 48 hours, then we will decide which food to try. My vet does NOT want me to put him back on the Large breed puppy. He feels at this point, he was not tolerating it, and since we will have his GI tract nice and clean, we can add any new kibble, basically just a few at a time and go REAL slow. He wants me to literally start with only 5-6 kibble and go from there. Was I neurotic about all this- yes, but I KNEW this was not right. So, we are going slow and steady right now. I truly believe in the Fromm's products and want to give them another try. But we will wait and see which one when we get back to normal.

porkysmamma

Jun 21, 2012
Warrensburg, New York
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Porkchop aka Porky
@porkysmama: NOOOOOO I did NOT change his food alot- he was on fromms large breed puppy which I was not thrilled with. I had several posts about different types of food (Large breed vs. reg puppy, all stages etc.) but I never actually changed. He had a vomiting episode which made us put him on a bland diet for 3 days, then we reintroduced his USUAL kibble, only to have his poop get very runny. MY VET was the one who wanted me to take him off teh Fromms large breed puppy. So, when his poop got at least semi soft on the bland diet, we added EIGHT kibble of the beef fritatta. Stools went very runny again. But he has been on the bland diet since tuesday and his poop was still runny and yesterday he vomited all his breakfast which was just rice and beef. So, we have him on NOTHING but3/4 rice, 1/4 boiled and rinsed hamburger. Now he is on meds to decrease the irritation to his GI tract. This morning, a beeeeaaauuuuutiful formed stool! YEAH! We will wait til he has had good stool for 48 hours, then we will decide which food to try. My vet does NOT want me to put him back on the Large breed puppy. He feels at this point, he was not tolerating it, and since we will have his GI tract nice and clean, we can add any new kibble, basically just a few at a time and go REAL slow. He wants me to literally start with only 5-6 kibble and go from there. Was I neurotic about all this- yes, but I KNEW this was not right. So, we are going slow and steady right now. I truly believe in the Fromm's products and want to give them another try. But we will wait and see which one when we get back to normal.

:) oh no I didn't mean switching brands just between the bland diet n adding his kibble back n taking it away he's just a little guy any change can upset him (porky is 11 months n i gave her a few cheetos the other day without thinking n she reacted to them) like a lot of ppl have said it may be he can't tolerate the Fromm but yay for a good poo :)!!!!!!! I fought with a vet at my office for 20 minutes n forced him to do a stool test n threatened to turn him in to the boards if he didnt bcuz porky had diarrhea, vomiting, lethargy, n a limp i said she had parovirus he called me neurotic n said she was just going through a growth spurt (which he was right it was a growth spurt lol) so I'm definitely a neurotic obsessive bully mom :)

OP
mer55

mer55

Community Veteran
Nov 16, 2012
Venice, FL.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
:) oh no I didn't mean switching brands just between the bland diet n adding his kibble back n taking it away he's just a little guy any change can upset him (porky is 11 months n i gave her a few cheetos the other day without thinking n she reacted to them) like a lot of ppl have said it may be he can't tolerate the Fromm but yay for a good poo :)!!!!!!! I fought with a vet at my office for 20 minutes n forced him to do a stool test n threatened to turn him in to the boards if he didnt bcuz porky had diarrhea, vomiting, lethargy, n a limp i said she had parovirus he called me neurotic n said she was just going through a growth spurt (which he was right it was a growth spurt lol) so I'm definitely a neurotic obsessive bully mom :)

Oh, I understand! Just didn't want you to think I was going crazy giving him all kinds of foods!! We are on the right track! Just need to find a food he can handle. I too INSISTED on the parasite test yesterday( it was negative) but when he was vomiting and had runny stools on a bland diet, I thought I just have to know!! Call me neurotic! I love my little guy sooo much! He's definitely a keeper- puppy poop and all!!

porkysmamma

Jun 21, 2012
Warrensburg, New York
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Porkchop aka Porky
Oh, I understand! Just didn't want you to think I was going crazy giving him all kinds of foods!! We are on the right track! Just need to find a food he can handle. I too INSISTED on the parasite test yesterday( it was negative) but when he was vomiting and had runny stools on a bland diet, I thought I just have to know!! Call me neurotic! I love my little guy sooo much! He's definitely a keeper- puppy poop and all!!

:) we are all crazy here lmao how could u not love him he's so cute!!!!! I learned just how neurotic I am last night, porky had a cloud over her eye n I tweaked got all my nursing tools (stethoscope n all) checked her pupil reactions to light tested to see if she could see out of it n called the emergency clinic!!!! The man comes in says oh it's calcium the vet checked it when I took her for her mani pedi!!!!!! Medusa came out something that big n he didn't tell me then he pointed out all my nursing books n that I was flashing lights in her eyes n holding her down to check her reactivity lmao yes I'm slightly neurotic but he's still an *** for not telling me :p

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.