Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just when I got over being ANAL.....

Doggie Boutique Owner Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Mary
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bogey
    Likes (Received)

Default Just when I got over being ANAL.....

Best laid plans.... I resolved to give the beef and rice a good 4-5 days and stop worrying about the loose poop! So when I took him out this morning and it was very runny, I just cleaned it up and went on my way.......until........
    HE VOMITED HIS WHOLE BREAKFAST!!
    So, I called the vet again!
    He put Bogey on Metronidazole and did a parasite test which was negative. So maybe all this loose stool and vomiting is just that his little GI system is irritated from ssomething but he has not had anything but beef and rice for 2 days now.
    We are giving him til Friday morning to improve and then the vet will have to run some tests on him.
    i am staying calm and taking it one day at a time.
    Bogey is acting just fine- sleeping a lot, but he is a bulldog! When he is up, he is a furry Jaws, circling our legs while we hide our toes in fear of amputation!
    Hopefully this is just one of those " puppy things" and he will be ok!!
    will keep you posted!!
    "We never really own a dog as much as they own us!"

Real Name
    Sherry Daye S.
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Just when I got over being ANAL.....

Staying calm is always good. they can sense that stress and they relate to it. good job mum
    Life is like a box of chocolate covered

BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bentley, Linus, Truman
    Likes (Received)

It's frustrating but puppies do get diarrhea...one of the not so fun parts of having one, I guess! I hope everything is better soon!

"I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love. For me they are the role model for being alive."
    Bentley (5.24.04 - 6.26.10) & Linus (1.10.06 - 7.31.13)

Arts'y bulldog farts'y Become a 4 Paw Member ModernFemme's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jane
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sir Remington (Remi)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

do you think he's eating too fast???

Head Pooper Scooper I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    David
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
    Likes (Received)

Sometimes they just do and it takes awhile for their little tummies to settle down. I hope he gets better soon, and like you say, just stay calm and take it one day at a time.
    Have a Great Bully Day.
    Member of The Bulldog Club of America, The Bulldog Club of Texas and French Bulldog Club of America.
    Bully hugs from - BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri & Katie

Real Name
    Mary
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bogey
    Likes (Received)

@ModernFemme: I do think he eats too fast so we got him a slow feed bowl which has slowed him down considerably. He vomited this morning quite awhile after his breakfast in his crate where he had been napping. But he is acting just fine which is a good thing! We'll see!!

Arts'y bulldog farts'y Become a 4 Paw Member ModernFemme's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jane
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sir Remington (Remi)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mer55 View Post
    @ModernFemme: I do think he eats too fast so we got him a slow feed bowl which has slowed him down considerably. He vomited this morning quite awhile after his breakfast in his crate where he had been napping. But he is acting just fine which is a good thing! We'll see!!
    Remi barfs all the time it feels like. Sometimes he drinks too much. Sometimes he runs around too hard and then the next day, his tummy is a little sick. The first couple of times you freak out because he's your baby.

Doggie Boutique Owner porkysmamma's Avatar
    Real Name
    Alicia
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Porkchop aka Porky
    Likes (Received)

He will be just fine you have to remember before you got over being anal you were switching his food a lottttttttttttttttttttttt so it may have just shocked his system but the important thing is your vet is aware n like others and you yourself said stay calm relax n try to reassure him idk about others but when my girl pukes she gets very ashamed n actually scared hence y she usually pukes on me when we r sleeping (I know ewwww) lol hang in there mamma u will both be ok

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Never knew what our lives were missing until we found our princess

Queenie I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Emma, Max, Wilson & Jack (Sally RIP 3/14/16)
    Likes (Received)

I'm sure he's fine. Wilson and Jack have vomited their food more times than I can count. Sometimes it's just an upset tummy. Heck Jack drank water tonight and as I was getting ready to head upstairs to exercise, he puked his water all over my wood floors. Vomiting, within reason, is something some dog's just.

Now I'm gonna call you a worry-wort.
    Three Hooligans and 1 Angel - Wilson, Sally, Emma & Jack

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)

All I can suggest is to do the bland diet slightly different ...... A BLANDER diet if you like ...... white rice and canned pumpkin only. No meat. I consider it my go-to when their tummys are very upset.

White rice and canned pumpkin will still be the bland diet so you will not be deviating from the plan you have promised yourself to follow!!!!!

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Cheryl
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Vegas and Orion
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

When we first adopted Vegas..the breeder gave a little bag of food and told us it was available almost anywhere! Wrong!! I procrastinated and waited until the last minute to buy another bag....and found I would have to travel to another state to get it. I bought what I thought would be the best "like" dog food (blue buffalo) and Vegas got sick. So sick that he ended up in the emergency room. He had projectile diarrhea for more than 3 days. We had to do the bland diet for over a week before we got him back on track (and before we were able to go back down to Oregon and buy 3 bags of food!!)

Real Name
    Mary
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bogey
    Likes (Received)

@porkysmama: NOOOOOO I did NOT change his food alot- he was on fromms large breed puppy which I was not thrilled with. I had several posts about different types of food (Large breed vs. reg puppy, all stages etc.) but I never actually changed. He had a vomiting episode which made us put him on a bland diet for 3 days, then we reintroduced his USUAL kibble, only to have his poop get very runny. MY VET was the one who wanted me to take him off teh Fromms large breed puppy. So, when his poop got at least semi soft on the bland diet, we added EIGHT kibble of the beef fritatta. Stools went very runny again. But he has been on the bland diet since tuesday and his poop was still runny and yesterday he vomited all his breakfast which was just rice and beef. So, we have him on NOTHING but3/4 rice, 1/4 boiled and rinsed hamburger. Now he is on meds to decrease the irritation to his GI tract. This morning, a beeeeaaauuuuutiful formed stool! YEAH! We will wait til he has had good stool for 48 hours, then we will decide which food to try. My vet does NOT want me to put him back on the Large breed puppy. He feels at this point, he was not tolerating it, and since we will have his GI tract nice and clean, we can add any new kibble, basically just a few at a time and go REAL slow. He wants me to literally start with only 5-6 kibble and go from there. Was I neurotic about all this- yes, but I KNEW this was not right. So, we are going slow and steady right now. I truly believe in the Fromm's products and want to give them another try. But we will wait and see which one when we get back to normal.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads