Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Just when I got over being ANAL.....

Doggie Boutique Owner porkysmamma's Avatar
    Real Name
    Alicia
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Porkchop aka Porky
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by mer55 View Post
    @porkysmama: NOOOOOO I did NOT change his food alot- he was on fromms large breed puppy which I was not thrilled with. I had several posts about different types of food (Large breed vs. reg puppy, all stages etc.) but I never actually changed. He had a vomiting episode which made us put him on a bland diet for 3 days, then we reintroduced his USUAL kibble, only to have his poop get very runny. MY VET was the one who wanted me to take him off teh Fromms large breed puppy. So, when his poop got at least semi soft on the bland diet, we added EIGHT kibble of the beef fritatta. Stools went very runny again. But he has been on the bland diet since tuesday and his poop was still runny and yesterday he vomited all his breakfast which was just rice and beef. So, we have him on NOTHING but3/4 rice, 1/4 boiled and rinsed hamburger. Now he is on meds to decrease the irritation to his GI tract. This morning, a beeeeaaauuuuutiful formed stool! YEAH! We will wait til he has had good stool for 48 hours, then we will decide which food to try. My vet does NOT want me to put him back on the Large breed puppy. He feels at this point, he was not tolerating it, and since we will have his GI tract nice and clean, we can add any new kibble, basically just a few at a time and go REAL slow. He wants me to literally start with only 5-6 kibble and go from there. Was I neurotic about all this- yes, but I KNEW this was not right. So, we are going slow and steady right now. I truly believe in the Fromm's products and want to give them another try. But we will wait and see which one when we get back to normal.
    oh no I didn't mean switching brands just between the bland diet n adding his kibble back n taking it away he's just a little guy any change can upset him (porky is 11 months n i gave her a few cheetos the other day without thinking n she reacted to them) like a lot of ppl have said it may be he can't tolerate the Fromm but yay for a good poo !!!!!!! I fought with a vet at my office for 20 minutes n forced him to do a stool test n threatened to turn him in to the boards if he didnt bcuz porky had diarrhea, vomiting, lethargy, n a limp i said she had parovirus he called me neurotic n said she was just going through a growth spurt (which he was right it was a growth spurt lol) so I'm definitely a neurotic obsessive bully mom

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Never knew what our lives were missing until we found our princess

Doggie Boutique Owner Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Mary
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bogey
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Just when I got over being ANAL.....

Quote Originally Posted by porkysmamma View Post
    oh no I didn't mean switching brands just between the bland diet n adding his kibble back n taking it away he's just a little guy any change can upset him (porky is 11 months n i gave her a few cheetos the other day without thinking n she reacted to them) like a lot of ppl have said it may be he can't tolerate the Fromm but yay for a good poo !!!!!!! I fought with a vet at my office for 20 minutes n forced him to do a stool test n threatened to turn him in to the boards if he didnt bcuz porky had diarrhea, vomiting, lethargy, n a limp i said she had parovirus he called me neurotic n said she was just going through a growth spurt (which he was right it was a growth spurt lol) so I'm definitely a neurotic obsessive bully mom

Oh, I understand! Just didn't want you to think I was going crazy giving him all kinds of foods!! We are on the right track! Just need to find a food he can handle. I too INSISTED on the parasite test yesterday( it was negative) but when he was vomiting and had runny stools on a bland diet, I thought I just have to know!! Call me neurotic! I love my little guy sooo much! He's definitely a keeper- puppy poop and all!!
    "We never really own a dog as much as they own us!"

Doggie Boutique Owner porkysmamma's Avatar
    Real Name
    Alicia
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Porkchop aka Porky
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by mer55 View Post
    Oh, I understand! Just didn't want you to think I was going crazy giving him all kinds of foods!! We are on the right track! Just need to find a food he can handle. I too INSISTED on the parasite test yesterday( it was negative) but when he was vomiting and had runny stools on a bland diet, I thought I just have to know!! Call me neurotic! I love my little guy sooo much! He's definitely a keeper- puppy poop and all!!
    we are all crazy here lmao how could u not love him he's so cute!!!!! I learned just how neurotic I am last night, porky had a cloud over her eye n I tweaked got all my nursing tools (stethoscope n all) checked her pupil reactions to light tested to see if she could see out of it n called the emergency clinic!!!! The man comes in says oh it's calcium the vet checked it when I took her for her mani pedi!!!!!! Medusa came out something that big n he didn't tell me then he pointed out all my nursing books n that I was flashing lights in her eyes n holding her down to check her reactivity lmao yes I'm slightly neurotic but he's still an *** for not telling me

Never knew what our lives were missing until we found our princess

Real Name
    Hans Gruber
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bacon
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Just when I got over being ANAL.....

We were all nuts when we first got our babies, trust me I was there as well. Give him time and just let him get his tummy squared away on the bland diet and take it from there. In the mean time keep the peroxide and band-aids readily available for your puppy love wounds

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads