Hacking Bulldog

LuvBully26

Mar 8, 2010
Henderson. NV
Bulldog(s) Names
Buda,Bentley,Bella,Diesel, & Gia
My 9 year old bully keeps hacking up almost like is going to vomit but doesn't. He is getting up there in age so I am worried. I am wondering if it's something simple or could it be serious. Has anyone had this issue with there bully before? Any advice would help. Thx

gatorfan85

Mar 24, 2010
Orange Park,FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Mr.Beefy
I am not sure but it could be something like relux.Dogs like people as they get older can have these problems. Unfortunately heartworms also causes hacking in the later stages. Dogs cough for a variety of reasons, some of which can be serious in themselves and others that are signs of an underlying problem. Internal parasites, heartworm disease, distemper, fungus diseases, tuberculosis, allergies, and pollutants such as cigarette smoke can cause Fido to cough.

Coughs are triggered by irritants in the air passages and can be characterized as dry and hacking; moist and bubbly; gagging; wheezy; harsh; or weak. It can be frequent, chronic, or intermittent, and is often self-perpetuating as it dries the throat and leads to further irritation
When was his last heartwoem test? Have you changed his food lately? New treats? I would get him to his regular vet just to be on the safe side because even something as simple as reflux can be very uncomfortable for him and can cause some health issues depending on how long he's had it.... I wish u guys the best

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
i havent had that problem w my bullie but my lab went through a hacking phase and seemed like his tummy was hurting him. i googled it and read that people give dogs some pepcid ac cause dogs can get hearburn and reflux as well. we gave him some the next day he was fine havent had a problem since. but of course since your bully is older he might have something else i would also take him to the vet.... you can never be to safe!!!

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
I agree you can never be too safe. I have no experience with this so much personally. Cutty hacks every once in a while when he eats too fast and almost has to clear out the food but that isnt very often either.

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Stig hacks when he's eaten too many leaves or asphalt :eek:. But since your bully is older I'd take him to the vet as what everyone mentioned. Hopefully it's nothing serious.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.