Help Needed! Here we go again!!

porkysmamma

Jun 21, 2012
Warrensburg, New York
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Porkchop aka Porky
@CaliBaker: OMG you are SOOOOOOOOO right!! I am being WAY TOO ANALytical about his poo;! Just wrote everything down, from DAY ONE (at least what I can remember) and because he is acting ok, eating just fine, and his stools have not increased in number I admit that it is I who has the problem! It's just that I want to do the right thing for my baby. So, after a heart to heart with my hubby and the tech at the Vets, here is what we decided. For the next 5 days, Bogey will get only beef, rice with some veggies thrown in if his poops are good. THEN, I am going to rechallenge his kibble, but it will be the Fromms Beef Fritata. I swear, I will add it one kibble at at time! If his poop is soft, so be it. I will only get concerned if it is runny, mucousy or increased in frequency. It's a done deal. I truly believe in the Fromms food, and want to give it a fair shake. Also, just learned that here in Florida, black acorns fall , and I have taken many out of Bogey's mouth, they can cause many illnesses in dogs. So, daddy is outside raking up our front yard right now! You have all given me such great advice, support and a good slap to my senses!! LOL! And [MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION], thankyou for starting me on that line of thinking when you said I was expecting too much too fast! That's what got me to some self ANALysis! I feel like a first time mother! ( I am 58 and we have 9 kids!!) Somehow I got through that, I will get thru this. One day at a time!! I am sure you will hear from me again!!

Lol this made me giggle :D I am so glad they got u on the right train of thought!!!!!! That's what this site is for advice n support :D we have alllllll had our anal moments unfortunately mine was over by the time I found these guys :) my vet however prolly wanted to kill me lol!!!!!! Bogey is a very lucky baby to have a mommy who loves him so much!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
i think you have a good plan of action now. now i want you to give the food a good shot. long as there are no other allergy symptoms leave him on the food for a while once you do the bland diet and get him switched over. i would not suggest leaving him on the food forever if his poops never form but he is young an that is one of the things that can happen. [MENTION=1648]Lucy-licious[/MENTION] gave you good advice to. her puppy was home fed for a long time before could be on kibble so its ok for now. you can add some canned pumpkin (not pie filling) to help with the stool. just a spoonful with his meal. good luck

Telly03

Community Veteran
Mar 31, 2010
Maryland
Bulldog(s) Names
Moses
I remember going through the same deal with Moe as a pup, and ended up taking the approach Baconater mentioned... start focusing on the protein used in the food you are trying, as much as the brand. For example, once I understood that food with chicken was causing problems, it was an easy fix... then I rotated lamb/beef/venison/salmon (within the same brand) to provide variety to keep from developing issues from consistently feeding a single protein source... the single source protein issue is a rumour I heard, so I'm not stating it's fact, just being safe in case it is, and they seem to enjoy mixing it up. Also to play it safe, I don't test my luck by trying other poultry such as pheasant, turkey or duck... once you get the correct formula dialed in, you don't want to mess with it.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
@cali baker: OMG you are SOOOOOOOOO right!! I am being WAY TOO ANALytical about his poo;! Just wrote everything down, from DAY ONE (at least what I can remember) and because he is acting ok, eating just fine, and his stools have not increased in number I admit that it is I who has the problem! It's just that I want to do the right thing for my baby. So, after a heart to heart with my hubby and the tech at the Vets, here is what we decided. For the next 5 days, Bogey will get only beef, rice with some veggies thrown in if his poops are good. THEN, I am going to rechallenge his kibble, but it will be the Fromms Beef Fritata. I swear, I will add it one kibble at at time! If his poop is soft, so be it. I will only get concerned if it is runny, mucousy or increased in frequency. It's a done deal. I truly believe in the Fromms food, and want to give it a fair shake. Also, just learned that here in Florida, black acorns fall , and I have taken many out of Bogey's mouth, they can cause many illnesses in dogs. So, daddy is outside raking up our front yard right now! You have all given me such great advice, support and a good slap to my senses!! LOL! And @JAKEISGREAT, thankyou for starting me on that line of thinking when you said I was expecting too much too fast! That's what got me to some self ANALysis! I feel like a first time mother! ( I am 58 and we have 9 kids!!) Somehow I got through that, I will get thru this. One day at a time!! I am sure you will hear from me again!!

:idea2: ........ YES!!!!

I started reading this thread and I had my response to you all worked out in my head ..... then I got to the end and you had got there all by yourself!!!!

EXACTLY the right approach .. a few days on the bland diet, and then start adding in the Fromm Beef Frittata a little at a time. It's a grain free and chicken free food so you should be off to a good start. Let us know how it goes ............. and RELAX!!!!!!!!! :up:

OP
mer55

mer55

Community Veteran
Nov 16, 2012
Venice, FL.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jackson, Bogey (granddog) Ruger (granddog)
:thanks::Muah:

Trod1

Jul 2, 2012
Michigan
Bulldog(s) Names
Olive, Oscar
I recently had the same exact problem. Olive had terrible liquid diarrhea with her Instinct Beef and Lamb which is a very good food. I stopped it and I am on the second week of a bland diet and her stools are perfectly normal. I am now re-introducing a new limited ingredient kibble. Even using good kibble like Instinct or Fromm, it is a lot of trial and error. Good Luck!

Most Reactions

Staff online

Members online