Partial obstruction? HELP!

ABEBD

Feb 18, 2011
Phx, Az.
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
By many names depending on the situation?
Hello,

I was panicking when I read the title. I couldn't get through the posts fast enough to find out what was happening.

While bullies can eat and pass rather big items, some get lodged and stuck. Pieces pass easier than cloth, strings, soft items.
Still watch very carefully for up to a week.

I have a girl swallow a cloth toy. Most of it was vomited out, but sadly a small string piece got lodged in the intestines. Ended up needing emergency surgery to remove.

Happy to report she is doing well. But sadly she gets NO bedding in her crate. She rips up the towels or what ever I use.

Keep us posted.

Good Day~

ABEBD

Feb 18, 2011
Phx, Az.
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
By many names depending on the situation?
What color is the vomit??? Porky did the same thing every morning at 7 am shed throw up this orange colored stuff I got on here did my research found out it was acid reflux confirmed this with my vet n now she gets 2 dehydrated meatballs before bed each night n I keep some jerky in my drawer just in case :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What kind of meatballs are you using? Store bought or home made?

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Thank you everyone for your help. I forgot to mention earlier that we do feed him twice a day:) The last two nights we have fed him a 1/2 cup shortly before bedtime, and I am happy to report...No Puking!!!!! YAY!!!!!

My daughter's retriever had this problem and the vet has her give him a rice cake before bed..no salt ones..works great and no calories...

porkysmamma

Jun 21, 2012
Warrensburg, New York
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Porkchop aka Porky
My daughter's retriever had this problem and the vet has her give him a rice cake before bed..no salt ones..works great and no calories...

What kinda treats do u give jake?? Not to jack this post lol but porky doesn't like veggies so I make her meatballs n she has string cheese n this weird chew I found that she likes but id like to give her stuff with more nutritional value :D any ideas????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tooleysmom

Community Veteran
Mar 24, 2012
Winnipeg Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Miss Tallulah and Buster
Miss Tallulah, like most bulldogs cannot tolerate corn, wheat or soy. I fill a Kong with banana and mush in a tiny bit of dried liver flakes, usually the powder at the bottom of the treat bag, when the last few pieces crumble. If I have no banana I take small bits of apple and squish them in with the flakes. Sometimes I use a tiny bit of salmon but some Bullies can't tolerate salmon either so you need to be sure it is ok. For training treats I use Wellness venison or Crumps dried liver and break the pieces up to the size of my baby fingernail. Neither of these products has anything added, and it is what is available where I live. She always gets a snack before last potty.

Members online

No members online now.