Thread: Gas-X for bulldogs?

Bulldog(s) Names
    Gizmo
    Likes (Received)

Default Gas-X for bulldogs?

I'm not quite sure what Gizmo's stomach is doing this morning....but WOW!!!! She is putting out some abnormally loud and stinky farts!!! I already gave her some pumpkin...any other suggestions that might help cut down on the fumes? It's getting pretty bad in here. lol
    Hi! I'm Gizmo and this is my family: Mommy(Jamey), Daddy(Mike), Skin Siblings(Raegan & Elena), Fur Siblings(Lucy, Jackson, Barley)

Norwegian Rose Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Gas-X for bulldogs?

Has Gizmo gone poop yet today? What type of food is Gizmo eating? Gas is pretty normal for a Bulldog, they are famously known for burping and tooting their stinky horns. Lol. My 2 always get going when they are in the car with us, and then you just want to gag, roll down the windows and hang your head out for air. We get it times 2 , it's gotten a lot better since we switched to the Fromms Beef Frittata, their gas is much less than before, and their pops don't smell as much either. Don't get me wrong it still smells, it is poop after all lol. Just not as bad. My vet told me and actually showed me on one of Dozers' X-rays when he swallowed a sock, that Bulldogs have a gas bag or sac in their stomachs which causes them to fart. It looks like a shadow of a round bubble on the X-ray, it's about the size of a small child's fist.
    LEARN A LESSON FROM YOUR DOG, NO MATTER WHAT LIFE BRINGS YOU, KICK SOME GRASS OVER THAT AND MOVE ON.

Head Pooper Scooper I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    David
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
    Likes (Received)

If her tummy is upset today, you might try some Pepto Bismol to see if that helps.
    Have a Great Bully Day.
    Member of The Bulldog Club of America, The Bulldog Club of Texas and French Bulldog Club of America.
    Bully hugs from - BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri & Katie

The Stripe Wearing, Broom Wielding, Voodoo Priestess Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Therese Hamilton
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Amber and Ruby
    Likes (Received)

I give Amber pepto bismol tablets and it usually helps for upste stomachs and gas.

Bulldog Vet in Training Bizzymammabee's Avatar
    Real Name
    Beth
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Raven (2011-2016), Tyson & Bella
    Likes (Received)

They should make a gas-x for bullies. Raven eats Merricks B4 Grain and mostly veggies and fruits...yeesh she get the snoring and farting going when she is asleep.
    Always in my heart and never far from my thoughts. See you at the rainbow bridge my sweet little Monkey. R.I.P. Raven.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Gizmo
    Likes (Received)

she's on ToTW pacific stream. she has had no change of diet recently. she has pooped twice today so far which is normal for her. She doesn't seem to be feeling badly.(she's tearing out all of her toys as I type this) It's quite entertaining though...her abnormal gas...when she shakes she farts...lol it makes for a rather odd sound. she does have normal gas...which is very "airy"..this has some bass and vibration to it.
    Hi! I'm Gizmo and this is my family: Mommy(Jamey), Daddy(Mike), Skin Siblings(Raegan & Elena), Fur Siblings(Lucy, Jackson, Barley)

Real Name
    Hans Gruber
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bacon
    Likes (Received)

It may be one of the treats that you are giving her that sets her off. We found with Bacon the chewy fruitable give him ridiculous gas where the crunchy one's don't. What you can do is play process of elimination, just use kibble for treats for a few days to see if they go away. Then one by one re-introduce your other treats. If the gas never goes away it's the TOTW, it gave Bacon really bad gas and we ended up switching to Fromm Beef Frittata. As you re-introduce the treats I'm sure you will find some that create a lot more then others

Bulldog(s) Names
    Gizmo
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Baconator View Post
    It may be one of the treats that you are giving her that sets her off. We found with Bacon the chewy fruitable give him ridiculous gas where the crunchy one's don't. What you can do is play process of elimination, just use kibble for treats for a few days to see if they go away. Then one by one re-introduce your other treats. If the gas never goes away it's the TOTW, it gave Bacon really bad gas and we ended up switching to Fromm Beef Frittata. As you re-introduce the treats I'm sure you will find some that create a lot more then others
    She can't have regular treats because we already know they mess with her tummy. They give her the runs. The only treats she gets are frozen green beans. We even use them during agility training. =)

Real Name
    Hans Gruber
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bacon
    Likes (Received)

Try cutting out the green beans for a day and see if the gas goes away. I think it @elearn Herman who gets horrendous farts from green beans

Bully lovin' gypsy Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Herman
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Baconator View Post
    Try cutting out the green beans for a day and see if the gas goes away. I think it @elearn Herman who gets horrendous farts from green beans

hahaha yeah that was Herman.... i think he's gotten over the gas from the green beans although i havent given him any lately

you kind of have to trace it back to everything she's eaten - or inhaled - and it might not have been food that is causing it. even a small change in the amount of treats can cause some bad smelling eruptions. like baconator said just give the food for now and see if that helps.

BTW i think I have heard Herman fart only once and it was like a soft whisper. i'd hate to know what one that sounds like Gizmo's would smell like.

Real Name
    Hans Gruber
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bacon
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by elearn View Post
    hahaha yeah that was Herman.... i think he's gotten over the gas from the green beans although i havent given him any lately

you kind of have to trace it back to everything she's eaten - or inhaled - and it might not have been food that is causing it. even a small change in the amount of treats can cause some bad smelling eruptions. like baconator said just give the food for now and see if that helps.

BTW i think I have heard Herman fart only once and it was like a soft whisper. i'd hate to know what one that sounds like Gizmo's would smell like.
    hahahha Bacon has two sounds and we only know this because when I'm away he sleeps with his butt in Jen's face. There are the quiet pppffffttttt one's that you wouldn't hear unless the room was silent. Then he has the occasional ones that sound like a small trumpet for about a second. I've heard one of those and ran out of the room lol.

Real Name
    Bruce
    Bulldog(s) Names
    HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
    Likes (Received)

HRH gets a Tums once in a while for her gas.

Remove Ads