General Question Gas-X for bulldogs?

GizmosMommy

Nov 19, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Gizmo
I'm not quite sure what Gizmo's stomach is doing this morning....but WOW!!!! She is putting out some abnormally loud and stinky farts!!! I already gave her some pumpkin...any other suggestions that might help cut down on the fumes? It's getting pretty bad in here. lol
:bad:

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Has Gizmo gone poop yet today? What type of food is Gizmo eating? Gas is pretty normal for a Bulldog, they are famously known for burping and tooting their stinky horns. Lol. My 2 always get going when they are in the car with us, and then you just want to gag, roll down the windows and hang your head out for air. We get it times 2 , it's gotten a lot better since we switched to the Fromms Beef Frittata, their gas is much less than before, and their pops don't smell as much either. Don't get me wrong it still smells, it is poop after all lol. Just not as bad. My vet told me and actually showed me on one of Dozers' X-rays when he swallowed a sock, that Bulldogs have a gas bag or sac in their stomachs which causes them to fart. It looks like a shadow of a round bubble on the X-ray, it's about the size of a small child's fist.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
If her tummy is upset today, you might try some Pepto Bismol to see if that helps.

dalmatina38

The Stripe Wearing, Broom Wielding, Voodoo Prieste
Community Veteran
Jul 13, 2012
Sierra Vista Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Amber and Ruby
I give Amber pepto bismol tablets and it usually helps for upste stomachs and gas.

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Raven (2011-2016), Tyson (2014-2023) & Bella
They should make a gas-x for bullies. Raven eats Merricks B4 Grain and mostly veggies and fruits...yeesh she get the snoring and farting going when she is asleep.

OP
GizmosMommy

GizmosMommy

Nov 19, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Gizmo
she's on ToTW pacific stream. she has had no change of diet recently. she has pooped twice today so far which is normal for her. She doesn't seem to be feeling badly.(she's tearing out all of her toys as I type this) It's quite entertaining though...her abnormal gas...when she shakes she farts...lol it makes for a rather odd sound. she does have normal gas...which is very "airy"..this has some bass and vibration to it.

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
It may be one of the treats that you are giving her that sets her off. We found with Bacon the chewy fruitable give him ridiculous gas where the crunchy one's don't. What you can do is play process of elimination, just use kibble for treats for a few days to see if they go away. Then one by one re-introduce your other treats. If the gas never goes away it's the TOTW, it gave Bacon really bad gas and we ended up switching to Fromm Beef Frittata. As you re-introduce the treats I'm sure you will find some that create a lot more :fart::fart: then others

OP
GizmosMommy

GizmosMommy

Nov 19, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Gizmo
It may be one of the treats that you are giving her that sets her off. We found with Bacon the chewy fruitable give him ridiculous gas where the crunchy one's don't. What you can do is play process of elimination, just use kibble for treats for a few days to see if they go away. Then one by one re-introduce your other treats. If the gas never goes away it's the TOTW, it gave Bacon really bad gas and we ended up switching to Fromm Beef Frittata. As you re-introduce the treats I'm sure you will find some that create a lot more :fart::fart: then others

She can't have regular treats because we already know they mess with her tummy. They give her the runs. The only treats she gets are frozen green beans. We even use them during agility training. =)

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
Try cutting out the green beans for a day and see if the gas goes away. I think it [MENTION=5580]elearn[/MENTION] Herman who gets horrendous farts from green beans

elearn

Bully lovin' gypsy
Community Veteran
Jul 31, 2012
Northern New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Herman
Try cutting out the green beans for a day and see if the gas goes away. I think it @elearn Herman who gets horrendous farts from green beans

hahaha yeah that was Herman.... i think he's gotten over the gas from the green beans although i havent given him any lately :)

you kind of have to trace it back to everything she's eaten - or inhaled - and it might not have been food that is causing it. even a small change in the amount of treats can cause some bad smelling eruptions. like baconator said just give the food for now and see if that helps.

BTW i think I have heard Herman fart only once and it was like a soft whisper. i'd hate to know what one that sounds like Gizmo's would smell like.

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
hahaha yeah that was Herman.... i think he's gotten over the gas from the green beans although i havent given him any lately :)

you kind of have to trace it back to everything she's eaten - or inhaled - and it might not have been food that is causing it. even a small change in the amount of treats can cause some bad smelling eruptions. like baconator said just give the food for now and see if that helps.

BTW i think I have heard Herman fart only once and it was like a soft whisper. i'd hate to know what one that sounds like Gizmo's would smell like.

hahahha Bacon has two sounds and we only know this because when I'm away he sleeps with his butt in Jen's face. There are the quiet pppffffttttt one's that you wouldn't hear unless the room was silent. Then he has the occasional ones that sound like a small trumpet for about a second. I've heard one of those and ran out of the room lol.

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
HRH gets a Tums once in a while for her gas. ;)

Most Reactions