Ways in exercising other than walking.

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
It's getting colder each day up here in Canada, and wetter (!), so we haven't been able to walk Stig outside for the past couple of days. We're trying our best to keep him fit by playing fetch or chase with him inside the house.

Does anyone have any recommendations as to what other different things we can do? I'm going to take my mom's old treadmill to my house (hopefully it still works), other than than, I'm all out of ideas.

Thanks!

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
yep was gonna say fetch inside. lol. seems like this is always a problem between the excessive heat and then cold the bullies only get a small window of outside time.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Living in Florida where the last 6 months has been around 100 with heat index, I too had this delima, to hot for outside. My son lives near so he would bring his dog (we call her Vegas's girlfriend) over twice a week for a couple of hours of indoor air-conditioned play. That and playing indoor chase or fetch was our only way of getting Vegas some action. Perhaps set up an indoor play date a couple times a week???

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
This is my mom's video ([MENTION=657]mom2bullies[/MENTION]) of Chesty. They would go down to her inlaws house and they had the treadmill. Chesty loved it. I don't know what he would do now that he's 4. My mom has several of these videos or him jumping off then jumping right back on. Always backwards......!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emhFK3zB4kI

mammyglicks

Community Veteran
Jun 2, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Bear
[MENTION=572]Libra926[/MENTION]...i don't know what's making me laugh more, the fact he is doing it backwards, or it seems he is attacking the sides. LOVE IT!!!

Bear likes to wrestle and do fetch in the house, we use tennis balls. the only problem is he doesn't like to give them up and I have to pry them out of his mouth to throw it again.

Last edited by a moderator:

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
o the video is to funny guess hes trying to work on his butt by walking backwards

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
Bear likes to wrestle and do fetch in the house, we use tennis balls. the only problem is he doesn't like to give them up and I have to pry them out of his mouth to throw it again.

O does this also.. My solution? Get 2 balls. I throw the one...she chases it and brings it back. I throw the other..she drops the one and takes off after the second.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.