General Question Everyone says Apple Cider Vinegar, but no one says how much?

Tracy T

Community Veteran
Dec 8, 2012
San Antonio, TX
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Winston, the Earl of Biscuit
Hey everyone

Winston is starting to smell like a little Frito, and thanks to all of you I know he is getting a yeast infection somewhere. My nose says it's someplace on his head, but I am not entirely sure where exactly.

I've been to the store, and bought a bottle of Apple Cider Vinegar with "the Mother". (At Walmart, can you believe it?)

And now I've been looking through old threads, and while everyone says to use ACV, I can't find anywhere that says how much. lol. I'm sure it's here somewhere, I'm just too impatient to dig it up.

So my question is this: When adding ACV to Winston's water, how much should I add? If I mix ACV and water 50/50 and manage to get it into his wrinkles and nose rope, will it sting a lot if I get it into his eyes too? (Lord does he thrash about when we do this.) And finally, just how long does it take before we start to get results?

Thank you so much in advance for your answers to a silly noob. :)

linwhite

Sep 24, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Guido Zamboni - EB, Zoltan - Shortybull, Zeva - Frenchie
I use about 1 Tablespoon per gallon of water. Yo may need to get up to that amount gradually. Some guys don't like the change in taste. It works well.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
I'd start with 1 TBSP per gallon of water, I just shake it well and add about 2 full
capfulls & drop in, don't even stir it...even my very picky cat will drink out of his bowl.

On his wrinkles, I just put some on a cotton ball and gently wipe them. I avoid right around
the eye. Brutus will flip out and rub his face in the sheets even when I've only cleaned his
face w/a aloe baby wipe after his dinner. Silly bullies!

After his bath, do a final rinse w/vinegar, use the cheap, store gallons, white or red, doesn't
matter, it will help change the PH balance of his skin and for the next few weeks, soak his paws
in it to cut down on itchiness & yeast buildup between toes (use cheap stuff again). Good luck!

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I usually put about a Tbsp in the water, but sometimes I just add a glub , I just pour it in. My guys don't mind it, they drink it up. I don't really think you have to worry about giving too much, as it is all natural, so can't hurt them.

RaRett

Oogle Me on Google
Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Missi -- With Gizmo and Hershey never far from my heart
When dipping the paws, its 1 part Apple Cider Vinegar 1 part Hydrogen Peroxide - 2-3 parts water

I usually make a 4-5 cup batch, which would be 1 cup ACV 1 Cup Hydrogen Peroxide and then 2-3 cups water

OP
Tracy T

Tracy T

Community Veteran
Dec 8, 2012
San Antonio, TX
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Winston, the Earl of Biscuit
Thank you for all the recipes! I am grateful, my husband skeptical, and my dog is in terror. Hopefully this will help him be happier and healthier!

xskyzx

Mar 7, 2012
houston,TX
Bulldog(s) Names
Major
I'd start with 1 TBSP per gallon of water, I just shake it well and add about 2 full
capfulls & drop in, don't even stir it...even my very picky cat will drink out of his bowl.

On his wrinkles, I just put some on a cotton ball and gently wipe them. I avoid right around
the eye. Brutus will flip out and rub his face in the sheets even when I've only cleaned his
face w/a aloe baby wipe after his dinner. Silly bullies!

After his bath, do a final rinse w/vinegar, use the cheap, store gallons, white or red, doesn't
matter, it will help change the PH balance of his skin and for the next few weeks, soak his paws
in it to cut down on itchiness & yeast buildup between toes (use cheap stuff again). Good luck!
i know i tbsp per gallon of water but what you mean by "add about 2 full
capfulls & drop in, don't even stir it.."

thanks\
i think Majors having a yeast infection and this might help him.
sorry for jacking your thread :)

Scueva

Sep 27, 2012
Chicago, IL
Bulldog(s) Names
Duchess
U can also add chopped cilantro to his food, it has natural anti fungal properties and will help keep the yeast in his gut at. Bay.

loveabully

Community Veteran
Jul 20, 2012
california
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Franklin AKA Frank the Tank
:butterfly: I do 50/50 an his yeast infection was gone in 4 days I put half water half AVC put it in a spray bottle an it works great I put it in their water everyday about 2 or 3 tablespoons in the water everyday an with the right food he hasn't had one since an I just use the regular apple cider vinegar I get a big gallon of it for really cheap at the grocery store

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
[MENTION=7307]Tracy T[/MENTION] if his head smells yeasty have you checked his ears? We put ACV in Bacon's dinner at night since he only eats ice cubes and I add a cap full with dinner

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.