brwneyes6269

brwneyes6269

Jan 5, 2013
Union, South Carolina, United States
Country
Usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston, Caroline and Piper
he is still continuing to do super good, he sleeps wherever his little heart desires and seems very happy. He loves taking "daddy" on walks and it's really good for both of them. Daddy is very obese and maybe Oliver will save his life... walking.jpg

OP
brwneyes6269

brwneyes6269

Jan 5, 2013
Country
Usa
Bulldog(s) Names
well i gave big boy a bath in zymox and boy does he smell tons better already...His eyes have cold in them but other than that he is doing super good. No more diarrhea, I think his diet is finally agreeing with him. He is adjusting really well so well in fact he stayed in our bed last night all night long...The only thing with him is licking them big ole paws on my bed....

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
well i gave big boy a bath in zymox and boy does he smell tons better already...His eyes have cold in them but other than that he is doing super good. No more diarrhea, I think his diet is finally agreeing with him. He is adjusting really well so well in fact he stayed in our bed last night all night long...The only thing with him is licking them big ole paws on my bed....

Something to keep in mind..paw licking is a sign of allergies..usually food related..:eek:

OP
brwneyes6269

brwneyes6269

Jan 5, 2013
Country
Usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Ok maybe this food I'm feeding him will stop it, I give them both Purina Little bites, that's the only thing I have been able to give Emily to keep her smell and food down. I also have been giving him a bowl of boiled rice with chicken broth to ease his stomach which seems to be working so far. he went from pooping everytime we went out to 2 times a day now. If it doesn't ease up I will more than likely try a different kind of food, I just worry about Emily because she has a very sensitive stomach.

OP
brwneyes6269

brwneyes6269

Jan 5, 2013
Country
Usa
Bulldog(s) Names
I just have to figure out about the eating arrangement because he won't let her eat i put the bowl down and he goobles it up before she even tries to eat. I use to put a bowl down in the morning and she would eat when she got ready about 2 cups of food a day. any suggestions on how to keep him from pushing her away from eating?

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Awwww poor guy. So nice to read that he's sleeping a bit better. On the food, there's been times where I've had 3 different dog foods going with my guys. Right now I have two. The bullies luckily are on the same and my other dog Jack is on the same brand (Earthborn Holistic) but a different flavor with a higher protien %.

I would feed her first and let her just about finish before feeding him. That'll give her time to eat. Other than that, just be in the room and when he tries to get her food be firm and do not let him. He will learn eventually I always sit in the room with my guys when they're eating (always have) mainly to make sure they don't choke on it from eating too fast and that they DO NOT intrude on the other's space before the other one has reliquinshed their food bowl. I've had fights due to this happening before.

Bless you too for taking him and giving him a GOOD home. :hug:

ModernFemme

Arts'y bulldog farts'y
Community Veteran
Oct 5, 2012
Delaware
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Remington (Remi)
I just have to figure out about the eating arrangement because he won't let her eat i put the bowl down and he goobles it up before she even tries to eat. I use to put a bowl down in the morning and she would eat when she got ready about 2 cups of food a day. any suggestions on how to keep him from pushing her away from eating?

I would start with a new ritual. Wait until they are both calm before you even put the food down. You can feed him first but simply block him when its her turn. He will learn that is not wanted behavior. Maybe put him on a light leash and correct him when needed. Make him sit.

My dog loves the bonus tennis ball at the end of each meal and starts playing with it. May be a good distraction.

I use these tactics when feeding remi and the cats.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.