Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My new bully is not sleeping no more than 15-20 minutes at a time

Bulldog(s) Names
    Emily and Oliver
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: My new bully is not sleeping no more than 15-20 minutes at a time

He finally sleep through the night last night. He got on the bed for about 10 minutes jumped down and laid at the front door on the carpet. He didn't patrol like he was, just hope he keeps up the good work. He is a good boy. Only 1 accident in the house so someone at one time took care of him enough to house break him. from my gatherings he has been in about 4 different homes. (Why I have no idea). I couldn't imagine why someone would want to just keep sending him off. He is so sweet and hasn't given me a bit of trouble except wanting to "hump" everything that moves LOL. I'm thinking I'm going to get him fixed here real soon. He has a vet appointment this week He has put on a little weight so far I don't see him back bone or ribs like they were the day I got him. He is doing super well adjusting now.
    I do not have a crate for him and not sure if i will get one he seems to be okay just walking around and laying by the front door, on the couch and his doggie bed. Will keep posted on his progress.
    I have a female bully that is 7 years old (been fixed) that just doesn't know what to think of him but they are getting along just fine. Thanks for all advice and I'm going to think about getting him a crate as that is what he had with the other ppl he was with but it was outdoors...So I don't know if I wanna do that...

Arts'y bulldog farts'y Become a 4 Paw Member ModernFemme's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jane
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sir Remington (Remi)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Vicaroo1000 View Post
    I agree with everyone else. Read up on crate training and you'll see what everyone is talking about. A cozy den of his own might help a BUNCH. Get a wire one and throw a cozy blanket over the top and sides. He love it! You will love the extra sleep you're going to get..... hee hee
    This is my vote as well. Easy for me to say, Remi practically came to us crate trained, so I endorse it all the way.

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)

I'm glad he finally slept!! It still has only been a few days. It must still be very strange and scary to him. You are making progress already! You'll get there. Just keeping him love and reassurance.

Real Name
    Hans Gruber
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bacon
    Likes (Received)

Glad to see things are getting better, just wanted to say to EBN

Bulldog(s) Names
    Emily and Oliver
    Likes (Received)

he is still continuing to do super good, he sleeps wherever his little heart desires and seems very happy. He loves taking "daddy" on walks and it's really good for both of them. Daddy is very obese and maybe Oliver will save his life...-walking-jpg

Bulldog(s) Names
    Emily and Oliver
    Likes (Received)

well i gave big boy a bath in zymox and boy does he smell tons better already...His eyes have cold in them but other than that he is doing super good. No more diarrhea, I think his diet is finally agreeing with him. He is adjusting really well so well in fact he stayed in our bed last night all night long...The only thing with him is licking them big ole paws on my bed....

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by brwneyes6269 View Post
    well i gave big boy a bath in zymox and boy does he smell tons better already...His eyes have cold in them but other than that he is doing super good. No more diarrhea, I think his diet is finally agreeing with him. He is adjusting really well so well in fact he stayed in our bed last night all night long...The only thing with him is licking them big ole paws on my bed....

Something to keep in mind..paw licking is a sign of allergies..usually food related..

Bulldog(s) Names
    Emily and Oliver
    Likes (Received)

Ok maybe this food I'm feeding him will stop it, I give them both Purina Little bites, that's the only thing I have been able to give Emily to keep her smell and food down. I also have been giving him a bowl of boiled rice with chicken broth to ease his stomach which seems to be working so far. he went from pooping everytime we went out to 2 times a day now. If it doesn't ease up I will more than likely try a different kind of food, I just worry about Emily because she has a very sensitive stomach.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Emily and Oliver
    Likes (Received)

I just have to figure out about the eating arrangement because he won't let her eat i put the bowl down and he goobles it up before she even tries to eat. I use to put a bowl down in the morning and she would eat when she got ready about 2 cups of food a day. any suggestions on how to keep him from pushing her away from eating?

Queenie I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Emma, Max, Wilson & Jack (Sally RIP 3/14/16)
    Likes (Received)

Awwww poor guy. So nice to read that he's sleeping a bit better. On the food, there's been times where I've had 3 different dog foods going with my guys. Right now I have two. The bullies luckily are on the same and my other dog Jack is on the same brand (Earthborn Holistic) but a different flavor with a higher protien %.

I would feed her first and let her just about finish before feeding him. That'll give her time to eat. Other than that, just be in the room and when he tries to get her food be firm and do not let him. He will learn eventually I always sit in the room with my guys when they're eating (always have) mainly to make sure they don't choke on it from eating too fast and that they DO NOT intrude on the other's space before the other one has reliquinshed their food bowl. I've had fights due to this happening before.

Bless you too for taking him and giving him a GOOD home.
    Three Hooligans and 1 Angel - Wilson, Sally, Emma & Jack

Arts'y bulldog farts'y Become a 4 Paw Member ModernFemme's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jane
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sir Remington (Remi)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by brwneyes6269 View Post
    I just have to figure out about the eating arrangement because he won't let her eat i put the bowl down and he goobles it up before she even tries to eat. I use to put a bowl down in the morning and she would eat when she got ready about 2 cups of food a day. any suggestions on how to keep him from pushing her away from eating?
    I would start with a new ritual. Wait until they are both calm before you even put the food down. You can feed him first but simply block him when its her turn. He will learn that is not wanted behavior. Maybe put him on a light leash and correct him when needed. Make him sit.

My dog loves the bonus tennis ball at the end of each meal and starts playing with it. May be a good distraction.

I use these tactics when feeding remi and the cats.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads