Other Turns out its Demadex

GizmosMommy

Nov 19, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Gizmo
Just got home from the vet. I am SOOOOOO glad I switched. I have never met a vet so knowledgeable about bulldogs. We spent 2 hours there. He went over all of my questions, did skin scraps and heart worm tests. He found 8 mites on just 1 slide. Soooo...demodectiic mange it is. At this point we have a medicated shampoo twice a week and advantix multi every other week.

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
So glad you found a good vet! Your on the road to recovery!

L

Lucy-licious

That's great news...that will soon start to clear up :hug:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Glad to hear you found a great vet!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk :)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
How awesome is that... 2 hours with you and you got the the issue. Best of luck with getting her all healed up

OP
GizmosMommy

GizmosMommy

Nov 19, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Gizmo
thanks everyone. I'm so excited to finally have some answers. i feel like such a weight has been lifted off my chest. we did her first shampoo treatment today and i'll treat her with her advantix tomorrow. we're on our way to getting better!!

LynnA

Community Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Maine
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis and Winston
thanks everyone. I'm so excited to finally have some answers. i feel like such a weight has been lifted off my chest. we did her first shampoo treatment today and i'll treat her with her advantix tomorrow. we're on our way to getting better!!

How have you made out? Otis was just diagnosed with mites and was given a oral antibiotic? Interested to know if Gizmos has cleared up?

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Oh I'm so glad you found out what is wrong with Gizmo, and she will be treated and on the road to recovery, and that you found a good vet that you're comfortable with and most importantly is knowledgable in bully care. Hugs and prayers for Gizmos speedy recovery and hope she feels better soon. Also I'm so glad it wasn't anything serious.

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
So glad you have your answers and on the road to recovery! I would suggest during this time to add some yogurt (probiotics) to the food! Anything that will help boost the immune system during this time! I give it to Brutus everday with their food :) Good Luck with everything! :hug: and bullie kisses

OP
GizmosMommy

GizmosMommy

Nov 19, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Gizmo
How have you made out? Otis was just diagnosed with mites and was given a oral antibiotic? Interested to know if Gizmos has cleared up?

Gizmo is doing better. She still has some issues, but she is making progress. The vet was VERY pleased with how good she is looking.

Members online

No members online now.