Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
I agree w/[MENTION=1714]Sherry[/MENTION]...Parvo takes them down fast! It's unlikely this is the cause since

Bogey is eating & drinking & keeping it down. I do understand your worry & concern,
my Brutus is an adult adoptee that I've had 6 mo's and he hived up all over about 2 wks
ago...I was a basket case! Normally, I'm very calm in a crisis but my hands were shaking,
couldn't think straight...thank goodness for all y'all at EBN, keeping me calmer w/advice
and caring-I didn't feel so alone! Hopefully (and most likely) Bogey ate something that didn't
agree w/him. I will pray for that sweet boy and for your peace & calm restored to you.
:pray2:

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Oh I sure pray that Bogey pulls through with what it is that's happening. I can't offer anymore advice than what's above or what the vet has said, just my support. :hug: :hug:

Piamitch

Sep 5, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus
Poor Bogey I hope he gets better quick. I'm not sure about all the symptoms of parvo but I know when I rushed our first bully to the vet because she was vomiting blood that was the first thing they checked for.

Piamitch

Sep 5, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus
Oops I sent my post without finishing it... The blood was the concern for parvo, not just the vomiting.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Oh no sorry to hear you and Bogey are going through this. I hope it's nothing more than an upset stomach or a virus of some sort, and it passes. I just wanted to also tell you about my Dozer, not to worry or alarm you, but just to keep an eye on Bogey. Is there any chance he could have eaten something you don't know about? My Dozer had an incident about 2 months ago, where he ate a sock, that we didn't know about. He woke up one morning with diarrhea, I thought maybe he had an upset stomach, he ate his breakfast, then threw up. He threw up 3 or 4 more times, and in between he was drooling water from his mouth. I thought he might have an obstruction of some sort, and called the vet. He gradually got more listless and lethargic as the day went on, and I took him to the vet earlier than she said to come. She checked him out, to make sure he wasn't in any danger at the moment, his vitals and breathing were good, and she took an X-ray of his stomach, and colon area. It showed a dark shadow in his intestines, so we knew he had swallowed something, we just didn't know what it was. A barium scope or ultrasound gives a better picture of soft cloth or paper objects , as X-rays don't show these items, they only show up as shadows. The vet was concerned for the way he looked and put him on IV fluids, pain medication because she said bullies won't show pain, and whatever pain he was showing us times it by 10, she also gave him some heavy duty laxative. She sent us home when she was closing and sent his X-rays with us, and called the emergency vet hospital , to tell them to expect us that night , as she thought he was going to need surgery. She also gave us 3 cans of fibre food to feed him, 1 to 2 Tbsp every hour to help move things down the digestive tract. He was pretty listless and sleepy from the meds, and at 8:30 that night I took him out to go pee, he started circling looking like he had to poop, and he was straining, he finally went and passed a long poo. It was dark outside so I couldn't see , I took him inside and went back out with 2 poopie bags on my hands and brought it inside for poop inspection lol. It was my Grandsons sock, that he had passed, and once he did that he was back to normal. We dodged the surgery bullet. The next morning, my vet called to see how he was doing, and when I told her what he passed she couldn't beleive it, she thought for sure he was headed for surgery. She rechecked his tummy and asked me to bring her the sock to show her. Just keep an eye on Bogey as the signs of obstruction are diarrhea, vomiting, and drooling water from the mouth. Hope everything is okay and Bogey gets better soon. Keep us posted as to how he's doing.

This is the sock that Dozer passed

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 28

Members online

No members online now.