Help Needed! VOMITING!

mer55

Community Veteran
Nov 16, 2012
Venice, FL.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jackson, Bogey (granddog) Ruger (granddog)
Bogey threw up a large amount of undigested food about 1/2 hour after eating lunch. He had done some running around after lunch and it is a little warm here in Florida, so I chalked it up to that. He fell asleep for about 1 1/2 hours and woke up and vomited another large amount- still undigested food. And then a third round but much less. He is acting ok - up and about. He also had a very soft stool before all this started. Nothing new added to his diet. I did not see anything " unusual" in his poop or his stomach contents. So, what should his diet be for tonight. I was thinking boiled rice and hamburger and skipping the kibble. Any thoughts??

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
He may have a bug, so you can't go wrong with the boiled rice and hamburger. Hope he gets better soon.

Tooleysmom

Community Veteran
Mar 24, 2012
Winnipeg Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Miss Tallulah and Buster
Agree with the lean hamburger and rice. My last fur kid had colitis and it was something she tolerated when sick with a bout of colitis attacks. I would cook the lean hamburger and then once cooked in the microwave with no added fats I would have the hamburger in a bowl and hold under cold running water and all the fat would come to the surface and I would let it run off. Then I would mix it with some soft rice and a bit of sweet potato mush. Bullies have such problems with heat. Hopefully that is all it is. As long as Bogart is pooping and drinking water and peeing there is probably no cause for concern. Feel better soon Bogart!!!!!

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
Sounds like a good plan to me! Please let us know how it goes!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Yeah... that much vomit, I would be doing the bland diet too.... keep us posted on the little man

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
All good advice. Also keep an eye on him in case he may have eaten something you dont know about. My male Dozer ate a sock , and we didn't know, he started one day with diarrhea, then vomited his breakfast, and then 3, more times , turns out. He had swallowed a sock and after getting quitebsick, and a day at the vet on IV fluids, medications, and a laxative, he passed it that night. Signs of an obstruction are diarrhea, vomiting, and drooling. Hopefully it's just bug or virus of some sort. And it passes , but just be aware for signs of obstruction just in case. Hope everything is okay , sending love and prayers that he gets well soon. Keep us posted .

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.