General Question Should I be concerned

Higgins

Dec 21, 2012
Denver, CO
Bulldog(s) Names
Dozer
So my little guy has been getting some redness around his face. I was just wondering if its something I should be concerned with.

IMAG0009.jpg

AubreysMom

Community Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Millbrook, Alabama
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Aubrey (RIP 5-4-12), Aubie Shug (DOB 3-23-12)
Where is it exactly? In his wrinkles, on his cheeks or chin, etc?

OP
Higgins

Higgins

Dec 21, 2012
Denver, CO
Bulldog(s) Names
Dozer
mainly on his chin and cheeks --- like where the redness is on the picture i posted

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
He might be developing an allergy to something. This is how we first noticed Jake was having problems with his food. What is he eating? Are his :poo: ok? Soft vs firm? Any itching?

linwhite

Sep 24, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Guido Zamboni - EB, Zoltan - Shortybull, Zeva - Frenchie
Not only what are you feeding him but what kind of bowls is he eating and drinking out of? Many bullys get a reaction to plastic bowls. Stainless steel are the best.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Also, try hard to wipe his face dry after he drinks water and eats his food. The build up of moisture in his wrinkles could lead to skin infections and yeast so keeping him dry is important.

porkysmamma

Jun 21, 2012
Warrensburg, New York
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Porkchop aka Porky
Yeah nothing to add lol but he's soooooooo cute I love the pouty face I just wanna squish it n kiss it lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

loveabully

Community Veteran
Jul 20, 2012
california
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Franklin AKA Frank the Tank
:butterfly: Franklin gets a red face sometimes when he wakes up or when he's playing but since I changed his food to Fromm beef frittata it's been a lot less red an plastic bowls give him little chin pimples but I wouldn't be to concerned it doesn't look bad you just can really see it cause of his white face

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
as others have suggested... stainless bowls, wipe the chin dry and what are his :poo: like....soft or firm

OP
Higgins

Higgins

Dec 21, 2012
Denver, CO
Bulldog(s) Names
Dozer
He was eating Royal Canin but his :poo: was very soft so on my vets advice we switched him to wellness.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
All great advice above, nothing to really add. My Blossom is also white, and has allergies to chicken, salmon, corn and grains, si we switched from Royal Canin to Fromms Beef. She used to get pink face, pink ears, and chin, and also chin acne or rashes, after the switch this cleared up.

Most Reactions