Help Needed! pop it or not?

elearn

Bully lovin' gypsy
Community Veteran
Jul 31, 2012
Northern New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Herman
Herman has a pimple!! It started coming in on his muzzle on Christmas. He had been chewing his antler and one of his nylabones and I think somehow he may have rubbed his face a little too hard. At first it looked like an abrasion, but over the last week we got into full blown pimple!
hermanpimple.jpg
My concern is that this is also the same spot where his prominent pokey tooth rests! So it looks like it's getting irritated by the tooth as well.
hermanpimple2.jpg
Is this something I should pop - or keep waiting until it pops itself? All I know is that at some point, there is going to be a gusher!!!!! :barf:

loveabully

Community Veteran
Jul 20, 2012
california
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Franklin AKA Frank the Tank
:butterfly: I know they say not to pop but I do. I know I'm mean but I can't help it I pop it then wash it so it goes away my pit gets them all the time. Good luck it looks like a sore one

Tracy T

Community Veteran
Dec 8, 2012
San Antonio, TX
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Winston, the Earl of Biscuit
If Herman will let you, I think go ahead and pop it. Get the irritant out of the pore so it can begin healing, just be sure to keep it cleaned. Again, if Herman will let you. That one looks ouchie!

mer55

Community Veteran
Nov 16, 2012
Venice, FL.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jackson, Bogey (granddog) Ruger (granddog)
I don't believe you should ever pop a pimple! When you do, the bacteria can actually spread inside and cause an even bigger pimple! I would clean it with antibacterial soap and let it dry. Then I would use some hydrocortisone cream if it looks inflammed, but neosporin if it is just a little red and acne looking.Bogey had a pimple under his chin that I thought was from his chew toys too. The vet thought it might be a bite of some sort, but he had me use hydrocortisone ointment and it went away. Good luck!!

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Im not sure I would pop it ..... it already looks a little "angry".

Maybe bathe it with hydrogen peroxide and put a dab of neosporin on it!!

Dee J

Oct 16, 2012
Denton, Texas, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus Mayhem AKA B-Ham AKA Brutty Boy
I know you're not suppose to pop it, but I can't help it! I would agree with what others have posted, if he lets you fine, just make sure you clean it real good. A call to the vet to ask might help too. Herman is such a handsome boy

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
@elearn Bacon get's them quite frequently and we never pop them, some times they will pop on their own when he is outside playing and some times they just reseed. Occasionally they will pop inside and when they do you know because they will bleed like crazy for about 3 minutes then they will be fine and within a few days the mark is totally gone. If it does pop inside on it's own don't freak out, it was a lot more blood then a human pimple but it didn't seem to bother him at all.

Last edited:

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
I don't believe you should ever pop a pimple! When you do, the bacteria can actually spread inside and cause an even bigger pimple! I would clean it with antibacterial soap and let it dry. Then I would use some hydrocortisone cream if it looks inflammed, but neosporin if it is just a little red and acne looking.Bogey had a pimple under his chin that I thought was from his chew toys too. The vet thought it might be a bite of some sort, but he had me use hydrocortisone ointment and it went away. Good luck!!

Just to give you a heads up since you have a new little guy. Ours basically went through puberty from about 3-6 months at which point his chin right under his mouth was a mine field of acne. We tried all solutions possible to make it go away but it wouldn't. Eventually he just grew out of it. Just didn't want you to get alarmed when you see Mr. Bogey getting some acne.

OP
elearn

elearn

Bully lovin' gypsy
Community Veteran
Jul 31, 2012
Northern New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Herman
It seems on the verge of bursting...and I know he probably wont let me near it, not even to put anything on it.
Now, I'm afraid to pop it LOL

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.