Help Needed! Puppy with respiratory infection

Dobrienaz

Dec 31, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Seamus
Had a boy bulldog for 8.5 years who had amazing health. Have a new 11 week old bulldog puppy that is on day 10 of infection with bad nighttime cough. Vet has X-rays and lungs are clear. He is not in danger but want to help him with cough and congestion. Going to try lemon juice and honey tonight but welcome any suggestions. Thank you!

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
What did the vet give you ... is it Kennel Cough??? I'm thinking you should have got antibiotics and a cough suppressant. My foster bully, Bella, came home with kennel cough from the vets when she went in for her spay and cherry eye surgery. That's what we were given to help her!

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
I have heard of vaporizers helping..like kids. Did you get a diagnosis? I'm sure it's awful listening to that sweet pup having a bad cough. :(

OP
Dobrienaz

Dobrienaz

Dec 31, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Seamus
Yes we did 10 day run on antibiotics and cough stuff seems to have little effect. He's mostly good during the day but nights are tough on all. Vet says maybe kennel cough or just upper resp. infection. Says runs course in 2-4 weeks. Vaporizer is next to try. Thanks all.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
If it is kennel cough then it should disappear with or without antibiotics. Antibiotics just help to clear it up faster. If you've gone thro the whole dose and there is absolutely NO improvement then I might go back to the vet again.

How is he during the day - playing, eating, drinking and pooping ok??

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.