Real Name
    Sharon
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Miss Tallulah and Buster
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Clara's surgery is today...

The first night can be rough. I felt so helpless and Miss T was so uncomfortable and couldn't settle. As long as she is getting fluids don't worry too much. I know I am one of those people who gets violently sick from anesthetic and will be sick for days. They always have to give me the "good stuff" ( don't know what it is) which apparently is way more expensive. Maybe for future reference this is something to remind the vet. (God forbid anything should require her to have surgery in the future!) It is oK to spoil her with soft yummy stuff like little licks of yogurt, and soft treats that are not hard on the tummy. I gave Miss T pure freeze dried ocean white fish bites ( stinks ) which is very mild and has no additives. Of course i almost gagged when I opened the package. Getting Miss T to take her pain pill was a nightmare. Cheese, food, peanut butter nothing.... She was way too smart but I came on EBN and one of the bully moms of EBN recommended disguising it in liverwurst paste and it worked! There is always such good information by so many caring people on this site. If she has not perked up by tomorrow I would check with the vet. They should be giving you a follow up phone call anyway. But I have a feeling she will be up and running by tomorrow. The best part is the worst is OVER.

“Happiness is a warm puppy.”
    Charles M. Schulz

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by matzwd View Post
    She apparently doesn't do great with anesthesia because she vomited several times throughout the night last night and was not at all interested in eating anything, not even get favorite stuff, so I couldn't disguise her pain pill and had to kind of like it down her throat. She was sooo uncomfortable, lying down and then standing up a few seconds later to try to settle into a new position. She's at least taking treats today, but not interested in her food still. She's been sleeping the entire day, not even greeting me at the door when I've come back from taxiing my kids around. I've been checking up on her plenty, making sure she's alright. Her incision looks good.

Sent via Tapatalk on my S3
    So hope she is feeling better soon... a sure fire way for us with Banks to get meds in her === vanilla ice cream
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

To Miss Clara...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads