Help Needed! TRIED to eat a battery, worried mama over here!!!

Stoagie713

Sep 12, 2012
Vacaville, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Stoagie
Well I noticed tonight that Stoagie was just a little too quiet...so I went over to him and he immediately closed his mouth(which he does when he doesnt want me to get something out)
Well I open his mouth a pull out a battery.... :(
I automatically start freaking out and go straight to the web.
No redness or greyness on his tongue, hes not acting different.
He didn't swallow it and it WASNT punctured....no acid leaked
He just started ripping the wrapper off of the battery but there's nothing leaking out of it.
So my husband says I need to relax but I can't help but still be worried....should I be?

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
Been there done that! Lola tried chewing a battery! I took her to the vet and had an xray done but no other battery was in her so they checked out the battery and nothing leaked out so he told me not to worry about it. If I was you I would keep checking the tongue and make sure it doesnt turn red or look sore but I think you should be fine!

OP
Stoagie713

Stoagie713

Sep 12, 2012
Vacaville, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Stoagie
Thank you so much[: I feel better now. I know there isnt another battery that he got ahold of because my husband had it by him on the couch arm...the other one probably rolled off. His tongue looks just plain pinky right now but I'll keep checking. [MENTION=5264]sweetpeasmom2008[/MENTION]

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
When Lola did this all I could think was how grateful I was that batteries have a thick shell!

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
This happened to Stiggy very recently too! And no, you're not overreacting at all, batteries are def scary. Stig usually follows me upstairs where I let him check out people's rooms if the doors are open. I was in a different room for a few seconds while he went to my parents'. When I checked on him, he was nose to nose with a battery on the floor! I quickly grabbed in and placed it somewhere where he couldn't reach. Also checked everywhere else to make sure that there was nothing on the floor that he could chew. This happened a couple of weeks ago. From then on I made it a habit to always check the floors where we're going. It's so difficult living with other people! lol.

RaRett

Oogle Me on Google
Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Missi -- With Gizmo and Hershey never far from my heart
A co-worker's granddaughter got hold of one of those button batteries - ingested it - she survived... barely . .

Batteries and Babies and Animals... not a good combination, you are so very fortunate you found it when and where you did ! You definately have an angel looking out for you !

OP
Stoagie713

Stoagie713

Sep 12, 2012
Vacaville, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Stoagie
[MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION] Well whenever hes quiet....I KNOW hes up to no good. lol.

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
I hope Stoagie is fine but if you go it off him all should be fine.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.