General Question Vet visit for Cleo tomorrow

babybully

May 31, 2011
Great Lakes, North Chicago
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cleo, 2 1/2, and Mac, 2
Vet visit for Cleo tomorrow during my lunch hour, anyone wanna take a poll at how much it'll cost?? I'm shooting for around $100 since I'll have them squeeze her butt while we're there and will probably pick up another bottle of her shampoo although I will be asking if they have that Pharmaseb there, if not I'll ask for a script to get some later somewhere. She's needing a dose of Temeril P for her allergies. Luckily we use the base vet so the exam is only $27, her butt squeezing is only $7.50, the Temeril will probably cost as much as the visit itself plus whatever else she wants to prescribe and the shampoo. Cleo gets so excited to go to the vet, she LOVES her butt squeezed. She looks so euphoric when she's getting it done it's hilarious. Luckily, Mac hasn't needed an introduction since he had his "eye-lift" aka entropian done this summer.

L

Lucy-licious

Laughing at her euphoria at having her butt squeezed :D

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
:hmm: Isn't the minimum $100..kinda like Costco..you DO know they won't let you leave unless your cart is worth a certain amount...It's in the membership rules! :eek:

OP
babybully

babybully

May 31, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cleo, 2 1/2, and Mac, 2
:hmm: Isn't the minimum $100..kinda like Costco..you DO know they won't let you leave unless your cart is worth a certain amount...It's in the membership rules! :eek:

I know! Actually, the prices are great since it's a military vet and they don't jack up the prices for their own practices. They don't get paid any extra for charging us more so that's great.

GizmosMommy

Nov 19, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Gizmo
i couldn't tell u the last time i went to the vet and only had to pay $100....must be nice ;)

OP
babybully

babybully

May 31, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cleo, 2 1/2, and Mac, 2
[MENTION=7111]GizmosMommy[/MENTION] Well, it's only been that way since moving here, we didn't use a base vet in WA. They have 2 military vets on this base so it's much easier to get an appt. I just have to do it during my working hours but my work is super flexible and I am just going to stay about 30 min late today to make up for it. I get an hour for lunch so I'm sure that'll be enough time, I hope. Our savings is still in shock from Mac's entropian surger though let me tell you!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
An easy $100 is my guess..... I get around that by faking myself out --- pay for some stuff in advance and when we go for the visit I leave without paying :D.... nice feeling even though each visit is usally around $60 buck since we have two

GizmosMommy

Nov 19, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Gizmo
when we first brought Gizmo home, I was assured she was in great health. Then I took her to the vet for her first appointment.....ended up costing me $350. She had to have chest xrays and all kinds of tests that lead us to find out she had kennel cough which turned into pneumonia. Talk about sticker shock

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.