URGENT!!! Help max has bad sore with hole in his head

ham3381

Jul 7, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Maximus
Max is 8 1/2 months old. He has always had this soft at the stop of his head. But it now seems to have grown into a bump like (thinking Cyst??). However 2 days ago he was bleeding from this bump. I proceeded cleaning it with peroxide and squeezed it to let blood drain and it popped some puss came out followed by more blood. Ive been applying every few hours peroxide and neosporin to see if it helps. However it still looks like a bump with a hole in it. He has always had no hair in this spot. I dont know what to do. It hasnt had no puss since the first time just blood. I attached two photos. Im gonna have to take him to the vet if this doesn't go down or clear up. Thanks everyone.

Attachments

• Max2.JPG
    Max2.JPG
    15.9 KB · Views: 158
  • MAX1.JPG
    MAX1.JPG
    17.1 KB · Views: 155

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I'm not really sure what this would be, but if it was a cyst, or some type of pimple, and you got all the pus out, it should heal up soon. How long did he have the sore before you popped it? Keep it clean, and keep an eye on it, but if it doesn't clear up, or seem to be healing, I would take him to the vet. Keep us posted

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
I think I'd want to get Max into the vets office ASAP. The area looks raw and if there was pus draining from it, could be infected. How is his behavior otherwise? Eating, playing normal?

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
I've never seen anything like that...I would take him to the vets.

A

Alaskasmom1

Keep warm wet compresses on it 3 or 4 times a day. It will pull any infection to the surface and allow the wound to cleanse itself. Won't hurt to have it looked at if it doesn't show signs of healing real soon. I've had an abcess form on one of my dogs and you'll feel better if you just go have it seen for your own peace of mind. Lord Bless you!

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
I would put witch hazel on it see if you can dry some of that up! If not and it doesnt clear up I would see the vet!

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
Max is 8 1/2 months old. He has always had this soft at the stop of his head. But it now seems to have grown into a bump like (thinking Cyst??). However 2 days ago he was bleeding from this bump. I proceeded cleaning it with peroxide and squeezed it to let blood drain and it popped some puss came out followed by more blood. Ive been applying every few hours peroxide and neosporin to see if it helps. However it still looks like a bump with a hole in it. He has always had no hair in this spot. I dont know what to do. It hasnt had no puss since the first time just blood. I attached two photos. Im gonna have to take him to the vet if this doesn't go down or clear up. Thanks everyone.

Looks pretty sore, could be an abscess , I would call the vet tomorrow if I were you, a round of antibiotics would be in order. you could Clean it out with hydrogen peroxide and then antibiotic creme

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
i have to agree with [MENTION=1714]Sherry[/MENTION] and everyone else. see the vet and keep it cleaned

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I agree with Sherry too.... an abscess so a vet visit is needed

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Sounds like an abcess. He will need a round of antibiotics. If not properly cleared up..it will heal on the outside and still hold infection on the inside. I had a cat that got these on a regular basis..was always getting his butt kicked from the neighborhood bully cat..:cursing: a simple scratch can develop into an abcess.. they always seemed to cost me $100.. :(

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online