General Question Dry Eye

Kt126126

Nov 20, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby
Happy New Years to Everyone! :)

Question, my bull dog has dry eyes and I was wondering if there is an inexpensive drop I can use to help her out. Or any at home remedies I can do.

Thanks.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Happy New year to you too....

You can try using a lubricating eye drop or ointment (human kind)

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi, my female Blossom had cherry eye in both eyes, and I used Refresh tears from the drugstore, before I had them surgically repaired. You can use pretty much any eye drop that we can use from the drugstore. You can ask the pharmacist which is a good brand as well. I think refresh tears are about $15.

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
HRH has dry eye and is on optimmune gel from the vet. It costs about $30.00 a tube, however one tube lasts about 6 weeks to two months so it only costs about $15.00 to $18.00 a month. (our vet does not charge an office visit when we go in for refills even if he checks her eyes out quickly)
Even a decent over the counter drop is $8.00 a bottle and doesn't last as long, so really the optimmune isn't that horrid. And it has helped ever so much more than the over the counter stuff did before we got her on this regimen.

Last edited:
OP
Kt126126

Kt126126

Nov 20, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby
Thanks everyone. I'm glad to hear I can use the human kind.

Members online

No members online now.