General Question Luca wakes up with eye boogers

Kross225

Dec 4, 2012
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Luca Brasi
hi
Lately Luca has been waking up every morning after a long nights sleep with a small stream of greenish snot running down his eye along the tear stain path of his face. Usually on both sides. His eyes don't seem to bother him at all although I do notice he gets a bit itchy on his hind legs. I saw in another post that that might be relevant. Is it just allergies??? His crate is located in the living room under a small window that we close at bed time. Also the crate is close to the base board heaters but too close. Maybe the air is too dry??

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
It could be allergies. Does it happen any other time during the day?

Im a little concerned that you said there was green pus. That would usually mean there is infection!!

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Could be allergies, could be dry eye. Your vet can check for dry eye at the next check up appointment, (not something necessary to schedule a special visit for).

If you think his food is causing allergic reactions you can try changing foods and eliminating the usual suspects (grain, chicken etc....), but do a slow transition, you might not see instant results but it'll be better for his health overall.

OP
K

Kross225

Dec 4, 2012
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Luca Brasi
It could be allergies. Does it happen any other time during the day?

Im a little concerned that you said there was green pus. That would usually mean there is infection!!
No other times o the day. Only see it when he wakes in the morning in his crate

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Luca is 16 weeks now

I tagged a few puppy knowledgable members.... as I am not sure if you can give benedryl that young, but if you can it will be 1mg per pound up to 3x a day

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
hi
Lately Luca has been waking up every morning after a long nights sleep with a small stream of greenish snot running down his eye along the tear stain path of his face. Usually on both sides. His eyes don't seem to bother him at all although I do notice he gets a bit itchy on his hind legs. I saw in another post that that might be relevant. Is it just allergies??? His crate is located in the living room under a small window that we close at bed time. Also the crate is close to the base board heaters but too close. Maybe the air is too dry??

yes it can very well be allergy related, but I'm sure the dry heat is not helping him. I set up a humidifier in the house during the winter months, is it possible for you to do this? it also take's the static out of the air

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
if its just in the morning not sure it would be food but maybe environmental allergies. i also use a humidier in my home that i can set at a certain percentage and it turns on and off. might want to move the crate and see if this helps. also check the bedding and stuff in the crate for possible allergens.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.