Help Needed! my bully has eczema

OP
S

sepulvd

Dec 28, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
bruno
thank guys for caring so much. i am currently speaking to the vet hopefully bu end of next werk they can see him. he doesnt seem like he is in pain or itchy. he doesnt try to scratch it or cry if it gets touched by my kids.

OP
S

sepulvd

Dec 28, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
bruno
i try to clean it and dry every night and keep a eye on it. it was a bsld spot when i first got him and its growing back. but will search for the things you guys are telling me on amazon

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Oh dear he is in a mess poor baby boy :hug:

There are a couple of things I would be thinking of doing in your position. Firstly take the picture along to the vets and see if that will get your appointment sooner or even ask if they have emergency appointments that you can take. In the meantime search for another vet...in case you can get him in somewhere else sooner. A vet is a vet in skin problems...since this is not bully specific dont worry about finding a good bully vet just yet, although of course that could be useful later on xx

I would if I were you clean, thoroughly dry, then clip the area and get all the fur off to around an inch around the wound. This will be difficult though I know, and if its hurts him may need to be left to the vet, but is probably the first thing a vet will do. I'm gonna call for [MENTION=2291]cowsmom[/MENTION]....it looks like its possibly a very large hot spot...she has dealt with them and all manner of skin issues so she will have good advise on how it can be treated until you get to the vet for antibiotics.

If you can get it buy some Hibicleans/hibiscrub.....it's a chlohexidine solution that will kill 99.9% of bacterias so will help...you will need to clean it daily with that. [MENTION=2291]cowsmom[/MENTION] will tell you how to use it best and the type of cream you can use on top. Do you think it's itching him? Simple allergy meds can help with itches x

If finding a good food you can get sent in is difficult then you may want to consider raw or home cooked....there are people here who can help with that too

Big hug to you both xx hope he gets to feeling better soon.

Oh and what are the meds you have at the moment?
You are an angel for saving him from a neglectful home :hug:

This is exactly what I was going to recommend! Holy hot spots that one is huge, it must be very painful and itchy, he will surely need a topical steroid. Can you get hydrocortisone there? The more often you clean it with antibacterial soap the better, if you can do it 3x a day. If you have some hair clippers shave the entire area. The goal is to dry it out, and the hydrocortisone will help the itchyness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk :)

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
thank guys for caring so much. i am currently speaking to the vet hopefully bu end of next werk they can see him. he doesnt seem like he is in pain or itchy. he doesnt try to scratch it or cry if it gets touched by my kids.

Dogs (and bullies) are sometimes very stoic concerning pain.

If you can't find Hibiclens or antibacterial soap you can get Listerine (the original)
and pour distilled water on cotten ball then the Listerine and pat gently 3-4 times
daily. GOD bless and keep us updated...thank you for giving this bully a home.

Noyes27

Sep 27, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Mack
Talked to my friend in Japan today. She orders the lamb and rice avoderm through amazon, said it is usually around 35 us dollars

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk 2