General Question respiratory infection

larryk49

Dec 21, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Angus and Lollypop
Well we had our first official vet visit this afternoon. Angus, our 11 week old male EBD, came down with a bad cough, congestion and a runny nose. Not wanting to take any chances we loaded him up and to town we go......diagnoses... respiratory infection, a couple of shots later and a script of anti biotiotics, he is resting but still sounds pretty stuffed up........ so my question, being a first time bullie owner, is this...... has anyone ever tried a vapporizer on a puppy? Any help is appreciated and thanks in advance.

RaRett

Oogle Me on Google
Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Missi -- With Gizmo and Hershey never far from my heart
sorry no experience here :( but wishing you the best of luck ! and Hope the little one feels better soon!

reallyrob

Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2010
Southern Illinois/Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Princess Alberta (Bertie) Barkghesi
Yes, I used a vaporizer with Bertie before she had her surgery to open her nares.
Did you go to a Vet that has a lot of experience with English Bulldogs? When I first got Bertie, I took her to my Dog Dexter's vet...they tried to say she was sick and needed antibiotics, but since I had grown up aroung EB's I knew better...I took her to my bulldog vet and I was right...they lasered her nares and she had soft palet reduction and from the day she came home, you could tell the difference.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hello and welcome to EBN..... I have no experience with this, but I tagged a few of our members that can help with puppy stuff

thesspa

I live with 2 porkers!
Apr 10, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
Have not use a vaporizor with Bacon, but when he gets snuffly, I have him sit in the bathroom while I take a long steamy shower

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Have not use a vaporizor with Bacon, but when he gets snuffly, I have him sit in the bathroom while I take a long steamy shower

Yes a hot steamy shower will help xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk :)

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I haven't used one, but have heard of other peeps using them. Hope you little guy gets better soon. Plus if your vet is not a bully vet, I would find one.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
Well we had our first official vet visit this afternoon. Angus, our 11 week old male EBD, came down with a bad cough, congestion and a runny nose. Not wanting to take any chances we loaded him up and to town we go......diagnoses... respiratory infection, a couple of shots later and a script of anti biotiotics, he is resting but still sounds pretty stuffed up........ so my question, being a first time bullie owner, is this...... has anyone ever tried a vapporizer on a puppy? Any help is appreciated and thanks in advance.

I don't like the sounds of the cough, make sure he has lots of fresh water and rest, make sure not to get him excited or over played. I worry about pneumonia

keep up posted and :smileywelcome: to EBN
Sorry you have to start out your first post with a medical issue, don't forget to come back and have fun with us, again, keep us posted please :yes:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I don't like the sounds of the cough, make sure he has lots of fresh water and rest, make sure not to get him excited or over played. I worry about pneumonia

keep up posted and :smileywelcome: to EBN
Sorry you have to start out your first post with a medical issue, don't forget to come back and have fun with us, again, keep us posted please :yes:

Agreed, if he isn't eating or won't drink take him back to the vet ASAP. Keep checking his temp and watch for it to go too high.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk :)

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.