Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The (high) cost of neutering a bulldog.

Bulldog(s) Names
    jameson and titan
    Likes (Received)

Way overpriced. Im in the nyc area. Both our boys were done for under 200 and jameson had a testicle that didnt drop

Bulldog(s) Names
    Gunny Beaufort & Denali (Boxer)
    Likes (Received)

Gunny's will be about $400 for the laser neuter plus over night and cold laser treatment in the morning. His two eyes (stitching the dastardly 3rd eyelid into submission) will be an additional $100 per eye. Insurance will cover the eye portion.
    I am a master at planking......

Bully lovin' movie buff Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Jenni
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lola and Lucy
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: The (high) cost of neutering a bulldog.

@[replacer_a]-Lola has a longer tail and for some reason she doesnt have the feeling in it to lift her tail up when she goes poop so after everytime I have to clean her tail front and bacl because it will be covered! Im not sure if Im going to do it or not but my vet thought it was a good idea. He said it was fine as long as I clean it after everytime but if I don't she could have problems.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Uni & Boadie
    Likes (Received)

We dealt with that same thing I think. We live in a small town and I do kinda think the vets see bullie owners and see $$$$$$. We were quoted by the resepcionistat our vet $600. I couldn't believe that! I have another vet recommended to me. So I went to them and asked how much? They said about $300- $400. Still a lot considering I know the owner of one of her sisters took her to a clinic an hour and a half away and got it done for about a hundred bucks. I decided to have it done at this new vet. After that I continued to go to the first vet because I do like them after all. When asked by the vet if she had been spayed, I explained that we did it else where because they had quoted me too much! My vet told me there must have been some mistake in the quote and that would work it out, that it should not be that much!?!?!? Now WTF? I think they wanted our money and were willing to lower the price if we would take our business some where else. That's what is sounds like to me. To bad I do like this vet, they are holistic and very knowledgeable they are also nice to us and the dogs, to bad they are some of the most expensive.
    In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semi human. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Lulu Mae
    Likes (Received)

So sorry..it just has to be where you live. Lulu Mae was spayed yesterday and had her elongated palate fixed for only $291. I called around before we got her and the quotes ranged from $300-$700 and they were all highly recommended vets for English Bulldogs. We were able to bring her home in the evening, though, so there wasn't a cost for an overnight stay. If your gut isn't comfortable with the first vet, then don't go back. Keep searching or else you will never feel at peace with it. Good luck!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Spielman
    Likes (Received)

I am sure geography plays a role, but I just received a quote for $130 when the time comes for Spielman. He is going to be a dad though so I am not sure when that will be. The breeder gave us breeding rights if we would let her use him in the future and maybe have another pup. We will see.

Arts'y bulldog farts'y Become a 4 Paw Member ModernFemme's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jane
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sir Remington (Remi)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RaRett View Post
    Check your Inbox I PM'd you info for my Vet, he and his staff are WELL worth it ! they are Bully Experts ! ! ! We even Board there! @[replacer_a]
    Thanks Rarett! I almost forgot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! After the vet did her whole spiel on science diet, I mentioned a lot of bully owners have their dogs on Fromm, and she said, "Oh, I never heard of that one." FACE PALM.

Arts'y bulldog farts'y Become a 4 Paw Member ModernFemme's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jane
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sir Remington (Remi)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by porkysmamma View Post
    Yes shop around to be 100% honest it only cost us $245 to have our girl spayed and $1,178.60 for everything she had done so I'd be asking them to break down for you why they are charging so much for neutering even with an undropped testicle, here's the breakdown our vet gave us!!!! Attachment 33311

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Check out this break down...

-blury-jpg

Basically this also includes a blood test, but even without the blood test, it's still over $600 bucks for the neutering and the exploratory surgery in case the testicle isn't where it should be. The weird part is the fluids to me.

I don't want to be unrealistic, but I've been withholding even having a $1,000 root canal done because it'll be $1,000 out of my pocket. $700 is just crazy to me!

At least they are kind enough to throw in free nail clipping LOL!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Gunny Beaufort & Denali (Boxer)
    Likes (Received)

I will send you a breakdown of Gunny's tomorrow.
    I am a master at planking......

Dog Park Attendant TonkaTruck28's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tonka
    Likes (Received)

We're in Canada and it was about 450$ for a regular neuter for Tonka including the "optional" preop blood work.

mabel lou

As much as I love love love my vet I found out that one time when my son took his dog into see the other vet who is a partner which I don't see him ever but I was with my son when he needed to take his bassett in and so we seen the guy. He cut Bodines nails and I thought that was nice and he cleaned the ears ect. Next time we go in and he does the same thing again. I said to my son I didn't know they do that here??? He said yeah mom he always does that to Bodine. Now as simple as it may seem to do that minor thing to bodine. I said that weird cause my vet being the lady who owns the business has never done that for me lol. So he gets his bill and they charged him for doing this. I was like what? So needless to say when I ask him why charge my son he said well the first time is free and then they charge but he never even ask my son lol. So yeah I think it just depends on the vet. My vet when I ask her about this she knew I didn't like him just doing what he wanted especially since we go to another place who does a fab job on the nails and certainly nothing like this vet did, said she would speak to him. My son no longer goes to him and will only see the lady vet, my fav.

Queenie I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Emma, Max, Wilson & Jack (Sally RIP 3/14/16)
    Likes (Received)

That's just a crazy price for a neuter it seems. But I guess Wilson was around $350ish and that included his blood work. I imagine that higher prices depends on ones geographical area too. But near $500 and 700/800. Wowza that's just nutz.
    Three Hooligans and 1 Angel - Wilson, Sally, Emma & Jack

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads