Help Needed! Demodex and Ivermectin

phisherman

Jan 27, 2011
Kentucky
Bulldog(s) Names
Chloe & Annie
My youngest bullie, Annie, has demodectic mange. The vet gave her some antibiotics and 1.2 ml of 1% Ivermectin per day. Has anyone used this large of a dose on this condition? She weighs 48 lbs at 10 months. Thanks in advance.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
i know vets give ivermectin now for mange but not sure of the dose. i give it to sarah for her heartworm medication. maybe someone else knows the correct dosage or you could just call another vet and see if its right. i hope she gets better soon. :D

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
I have no advise on this but wanted to say I hope things get better!

elearn

Bully lovin' gypsy
Community Veteran
Jul 31, 2012
Northern New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Herman
Herman had ivermectin, but it started off slowly and if I remember correctly, he was at 1cc per day. He started at .2cc then .4cc then .8cc until he was at 1.

mendomama

Aug 28, 2011
Mendocino, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Uni & Boadie
Uni dealt with this too. We started out a low dose (0.3 CC) as well then worked our way up every two days until she reached a dose of 1.1 CC once a day. I believe the did this to see if she had a bad reaction to the drug, a small amount of dogs do. We also had a drying shampoo I was supposed to use twice a week. It took about two and a half months for her to get a negative scraping. This was last winter. I just started noticing some patchy spots on her back and they are spreading! I think it's back! When she first got it I did a lot of research, I read some where here that someone treated it homeopathic with a blend of neem oil, tea tree oil, and lavender. Applied to the affected area. I am going to try it before I take her to the vet. If anything it will help keep the flees at bay.

OP
phisherman

phisherman

Jan 27, 2011
Kentucky
Bulldog(s) Names
Chloe & Annie
Thanks for the input. Sounds like we are on the right track.

luseaann

Oct 3, 2011
Long Island, NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Liz and Amy
That sounds about right to me. Amy had that and took .5 ml tice a day. She also had an antibiotic and a medicated shampoo.. Knocked it right out and her fur grew back beautifully.

OP
phisherman

phisherman

Jan 27, 2011
Kentucky
Bulldog(s) Names
Chloe & Annie
Thanks luseaann. How old was Amy when she went through this and how long did it take her to get over it?

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.