Maximus

Community Veteran
Jun 6, 2010
Toms River, New Jersey
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Maximus
Maximus has another bout of "Yeasty Face". Does anyone know what I can use to help clear this up. The main wrinkle above the nose is quite smelly, red, raw and irritated and his side face wrinkles are just as bad.

If anyone knows of a good product to use please let me know, and how much and how to apply . Thanks for any help you can offer.

NigelsMom

Community Veteran
Oct 21, 2011
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frenchy - Ian Wentworth Carlisle, Eng Nigel Wentworth Sinclair (RIP) & Karly Isabella Sinclair (RIP)
Mal-A-Ket Wipes by Dermapet
I order them from Amazon.
Use them every night or every other night. In-between uses I'll use a kleenex to keep the nose rope and face wrinkles dry.
You don't want sweat in there = yeast.

Meggs19

Oct 14, 2011
Madison, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Tonka
I use Douxo pads in addition to Tonka's regular daily cleaning with baby wipes. I usually do the douxo pads once per week but you can use it more often until the issue clears up I believe. I also have Animax Ointment which was prescribed by my vet which I use on wrinkles when they start to look a little red and inflamed. You could look into that as well. I know others will be along with other options for you as well! :) I hope you can get it cleared up soon!

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
I use malacetic otic on a cotton makeup pad for Lola everyday. It cleans up the red yeast too!

linwhite

Sep 24, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Guido Zamboni - EB, Zoltan - Shortybull, Zeva - Frenchie
The way I learned to deal with it long term was to add Vinegar to my dog's drinking water. I add 1 tablespoon per gallon all the time. If your guy doesn't seem to like it, start with a tiny bit and increase slowly. All my dogs drink it with no problem. When I started adding it Zelda, my walking vet bill, problems with yeast went away. no ear infections or pretty much anything else yeast related.

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
The way I learned to deal with it long term was to add Vinegar to my dog's drinking water. I add 1 tablespoon per gallon all the time. If your guy doesn't seem to like it, start with a tiny bit and increase slowly. All my dogs drink it with no problem. When I started adding it Zelda, my walking vet bill, problems with yeast went away. no ear infections or pretty much anything else yeast related.

I have heard this before here. And it's not just any vinegar, right? Unfiltered cider vinegar or white vinegar or does it matter? I've heard both ways. I may try this. I'm seeing some issues with Bo over the holiday... :-(

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Duoxo shampoo too @Maxiumus. You can order it on Amazon. It's less than 20 bucks for a big bottle and it's worth every cent. Use as directed. Bea's tail pocket would be a nightmare without this stuff. It's brilliant!

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
i use duoxo pads to but any of these should help and keep it dry dry dry.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
We use the duoxo pads or Witch Hazel when I am out of pads

OP
Maximus

Maximus

Community Veteran
Jun 6, 2010
Toms River, New Jersey
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Maximus
The problem I have with all of the pads is that they contain very little solution or medication. I've tried duoxo, mal-a-ket, trichlorz, and all other types of pads and they don't really "heal" the redness or soreness in the wrinkles. The creams and lotions don't do anything either - the Desitin did nothing and Maximus smeared it all over my furniture. Maybe I'll just get plain dry wipes and add witch hazel myself to the pads and see if that helps heal these sore red wrinkles.

linwhite

Sep 24, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Guido Zamboni - EB, Zoltan - Shortybull, Zeva - Frenchie
I have heard this before here. And it's not just any vinegar, right? Unfiltered cider vinegar or white vinegar or does it matter? I've heard both ways. I may try this. I'm seeing some issues with Bo over the holiday... :-(

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Duoxo shampoo too @Maxiumus. You can order it on Amazon. It's less than 20 bucks for a big bottle and it's worth every cent. Use as directed. Bea's tail pocket would be a nightmare without this stuff. It's brilliant!

If you're going for changing the PH balance of the water only, it doesn't matter. Either will do. However, Apple Cider Vinegar does offer additional benefits from the nutrients in there from the apples. Distilled vinegar doesn't have them. I use the plain old distilled vinegar because that's what I had on hand when I started trying to see if it would help. It did get rid of the yeast problems, which were causing ear infections, if nothing else. I keep meaning to switch over but I'm old and forget to buy the good stuff when I'm out and about.

Annie1991

Community Veteran
Aug 14, 2012
Longview, TX
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Punk'N
I use Angel Eyes Beef flavor on Punk. I only use a dash on her food everyday and she does not have any problems with her wrinkles. I get is from Amazon. I used to use wipes also and found that this is the only thing that has worked on her.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven

Buy organic, unfiltered, Apple Cider Vinegar WITH 'the Mother' and add 1 TBSP to their drinking water
or add to their food. It has so many beneficial properties you wouldn't believe...in fact...take it yourself
everyday. Mix in a glass of water, juice, smoothie, etc and drink it down...to your better health! :cheers2:

OP
Maximus

Maximus

Community Veteran
Jun 6, 2010
Toms River, New Jersey
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Maximus
Can you apply the ACV directly to the wrinkles ? Does anyone do it this way as opposed to adding to drinking water or food ?

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.